Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Seeing pics of the new Retro 3.75" Marvel Legends makes me wish Hasbro had the DC license as well. Then we could have gotten proper Super Powers line extensions WITH the Kenner logo. The team there gets the aesthetic too.
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

There's a leaked list of series 2 going around. Supposedly it's the Flash, John Stewart and the Batman who laughs. The Batman who laughs!? Seriously? That is grotesque. That character does not belong in Super Powers. Mcfarlane has done the modern grim dark versions to death. Such a pointless waste to put them in a retro line when people have been begging for classic Super Powers figures for years. Oh, well, at least the vehicles looks nice. Wish Hasbro had the license.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

The Batman Who Laughs is the absolute nadir of DC Comics. He's everything that's wrong with the company all rolled into a single image. He's a 15 year old's idea of a cool "DEATH METAL" *******ization of a beloved character. How does he even see through those spikes?

And no, he doesn't belong anywhere near the classic Super Powers brand. Blech.
        sigpic

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

My fear is this line is destined to fail before it gets started good if they're going to do modern characters like this. McFarlane's 7 inch line is full of all the dark modern garbage. This line should be reserved for classic stuff.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            The Batman Who Laughs is the absolute nadir of DC Comics. He's everything that's wrong with the company all rolled into a single image.
            Totally agree.

I mean good grief. All Mcfarlane toys had to do was reissue the original figures without the action features. Or re-sculpt them to look even more like the legendary Jose Luis Garcia Lopez style guide. But instead we get more grim dark garbage. The mind boggles.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I really dislike that McFarlane has the DC license.

Todd's response to making more female characters. Giving a boy a female action figure can turn them into serial killers.

Skip ahead to about 38 minutes.

Latest from McFarlane Toys http://instagram.com/mcfarlane_toys_officialShartimusPrime Music at https://itunes.apple.com/ca/artist/shartimusprime/1092740317Sh...

This man is beyond out of touch.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

That is the most strawman argument I've ever seen. TBH I've never been a fan.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• batty
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Mar 9, 2006

I thought I heard that these new SP figures Mcfarlane is doing are going to be 5" scale, not even the same scale as the original. That would really suck even more.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

I do not understand why they are doing Batman Who Laughs instead of other Batman Family members pf even Batman Of All Nations is beyond me.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 3, 2009

cant be too far from release as this in hand darksied shows

give us a better look at the figure ,although not my prefered version ,but ill take it

can see a classic version down the line as it appears to have the trunks and the new 52 details look like overlays

what a time to be alive the return of mego originals and super powers all in the same year lol

superman batman a the vehicles look great to me
                      anyone who sees these and can hook me up please let me know

what a time to be alive .... the return of original mego first four and the super powers figures ,,,wow lol
                      Last edited by libby 1957dog; Jun 28, '22, 1:17 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Is the Superman showing up on facebook real? Because it looks bigger than the vintage figures. That means the retro vehicles won't be in scale with the original figures.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          Is the Superman showing up on facebook real? Because it looks bigger than the vintage figures. That means the retro vehicles won't be in scale with the original figures.
                          dont have facebook ,got a link or a picture thanks

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

McFarlane 5" DC Super Powers Figures Superman And Darkseid In-Hand Images

Not sure about the size of these but the Superman looks close to the original with the exception of the facial expression and longer cape.
                            Last edited by Mego-Amigo; Jun 29, '22, 7:00 AM.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

thanks for posting the link ,i think he looks great ,cant wait to get one lol

looks close as you could get to the 1984 line
                              other than as you say the cape and the positioning of the legs ,seems closer together than the originals slightly splayed stance ,even has the same s symbol as the original
                              as to size hard to say but i think they maybe be in the same size range as the batman 66 line , not a deal breaker for me as long as they make them classic ill keep buying them

fantastic bring them on

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Reminds me more of the Toy Biz figure than the Kenner one. Like a so-so-copy that's just a bit off. Kind of bootleggy. Also, hopefully the cape is just packed in the bubble like that and not attached that way. Because that don't look great.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎