X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Monstar
    My Hammer figures were in transit for a while with no updates. I contacted FedEx via Twitter and they got back to me. Essentially saying when sending economy "Your packages are traveling by truck and will not show daily scans." Mine showed up here in Los Angeles, one on Saturday and the others on Monday.
    for what they charge for shipping to then send it economy is a crime. scumbags!

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

I am so super annoyed of this whole Topps debacle. I love the fact we have access to these great figures and I love Mego and continue to collect them, but it's very frustrating to still not have my figures arrive or to even receive any updates. Reaching out to Topps customer service has been nothing but a run around with no answers. The sad thing is, as a just in case, I shelled out some extra money to an eBay seller to purchase additional copies of the three figures I initially purchased through Topps (only because I am afraid they will never arrive). So far, one of the eBay figures has arrived and the other two are expected to be here in the next day or so. Meanwhile, the original order through Topps remains MIA with no word on when they may be here or where they are currently at. It's sad.
      "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
        Career Member
        • Jul 23, 2019

OK here's the latest. I reached out to Topps customer support once again this week. Even though the tracking on my end shows items are still in NJ since June 2, the replied and told me it is en route to Canada from Sweden through international customs. When I replied to say it seems very strange an item shipping form the U.S. to Canada would need to pass through Sweden first, they simply said they have no control over how FedEx handles its international shipments. My frustration continues.

Comment

• Riderfan
          Megos are cool
          • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
          OK here's the latest. I reached out to Topps customer support once again this week. Even though the tracking on my end shows items are still in NJ since June 2, the replied and told me it is en route to Canada from Sweden through international customs. When I replied to say it seems very strange an item shipping form the U.S. to Canada would need to pass through Sweden first, they simply said they have no control over how FedEx handles its international shipments. My frustration continues.
          And my order of just Worf (with a ridiculous $60 shipping charge) has been in NJ since June 1. For half the shipping $$$ USPS/Canada Post would've had it here in two weeks

The fact that Topps mentioned Sweden shows clueless & useless they are

You never said if you tried contacting FedEx but I'm sure if you did try you found out how futile that is

I've accepted that Topps has royally screwed me & chalked it up to live & learn. Ordered a LaForge off amazon yesterday & when I can order DS9 Worf I'll do so & make my own TNG Worf. And perhaps by then the Topps Worf will have finally departed Newark, bt not holding my breath lol

Can you do something similar with your MIA figures?

This experience has completely turned me off buying new Megos unless its thru Amazon Canada. Even Zolos can't get it right

*Update* Amazon delivers LaForge & Invisible man today in less than 24 hrs. Flash due tomorrow. Meanwhile Topps Worf is in some sort of transporter holding pattern for 5 weeks. Simply amazing
          Last edited by Riderfan; Jul 8, '22, 9:51 PM.
          I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• Riderfan
            Megos are cool
            • Feb 14, 2012

Further update

Usually I go get the mail on Fridays, but this week it wasn't til Monday. I had a parcel, which I wasn't expecting. Turns out it was Worf.

The box had a Canada Post sticker with a tracking number on it (not same FedEx tracking # provided by Topps) so I tracked it

Just a reminder, the FedEx tracking # provided by Topps said (and still does) that as of June 1 it was in transit from Newark NJ

CP tracking shows it left Semmaa Sweden (yup, Sweden) on June 2, arrived in Toronto on July 1 (our national holiday), cleared customs over the long weekend & arrived halfway across the county on July 5

So no mention of NJ but oddly it does show the shipment origin as Ft Lauderdale??

Not going to go into a rant over this as its just an action figure other than to say the only company involved that showed any interest in customer service was Canada Post

As Worf, great head sculpt, only complaint is no phaser but that's no biggie

K

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Apparently Worf wanted a European holiday... but glad you got him in the end!

I too was disappointed the Worf didn't come with a phaser, given that (1) he was shown with a phaser in the promo shots, (2) they already have the molds for one, and (3) Cisco came with one. I haven't quite deciphered the logic behind when Mego includes/excludes accessories.

Comment

• Riderfan
                Megos are cool
                • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
                Apparently Worf wanted a European holiday... but glad you got him in the end!

I too was disappointed the Worf didn't come with a phaser, given that (1) he was shown with a phaser in the promo shots, (2) they already have the molds for one, and (3) Cisco came with one. I haven't quite deciphered the logic behind when Mego includes/excludes accessories.
                I imagine Sweden is nice this time of year lol

Forgot to mention I'm glad Worf is on regular body & not the new one

My guess is because of the 'sash' giving Worf a belt & phaser was cost prohibitive? But long story short I have an extra belt & phaser so he's complete now

The 5 of them out of the package look good together, now we just need Troi (pink jumpsuit or teal uniform) & Dr Crusher to finish the set

Guinan would be good too. And a borg

Heck I'd even buy Wesley, assuming he's on the sidekick body

On a side note, anyone got a good suggestion for a Lt Barkley head?

K

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Riderfan
                  Further update

Usually I go get the mail on Fridays, but this week it wasn't til Monday. I had a parcel, which I wasn't expecting. Turns out it was Worf.

The box had a Canada Post sticker with a tracking number on it (not same FedEx tracking # provided by Topps) so I tracked it

Just a reminder, the FedEx tracking # provided by Topps said (and still does) that as of June 1 it was in transit from Newark NJ

CP tracking shows it left Semmaa Sweden (yup, Sweden) on June 2, arrived in Toronto on July 1 (our national holiday), cleared customs over the long weekend & arrived halfway across the county on July 5

So no mention of NJ but oddly it does show the shipment origin as Ft Lauderdale??

Not going to go into a rant over this as its just an action figure other than to say the only company involved that showed any interest in customer service was Canada Post

As Worf, great head sculpt, only complaint is no phaser but that's no biggie

K
                  Good to hear you finally got your Worf figure.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 23, 2019

Hi everyone, it's been a long while for me to be here on the forum as I was away for holidays. I just want to report, however, while away my Topps order finally arrived. It took a long time but the figures are now in my collection. I hope everyone else who was still waiting received there's as well.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

I am still waiting on Taylor and Zara. Tools did send me an email a while back that there was a delay.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

I got Kor today from BBTS. the difference is the topps version had silver metallic like pants, this one has gold.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                          I got Kor today from BBTS. the difference is the topps version had silver metallic like pants, this one has gold.
                          There are a lot more differences than that.

Comment

• haggis
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 17, 2008

Received all of my Topps x Mego Apes figures. Now I just need to get the Wave 15 variant versions.
                            No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

finally got Taylor and Zira yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡