X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Article on Earth-Two Robin customs over at 13th Dimension

I shared my old Earth-Two Robin customs over on the Earth-Two Robin facebook group, and 13th Dimension maven Dan Greenfield saw them and asked me to write an article about them. Since I feel the customs are fine, but not nearly up to the level of some of the other artisans here, I weaved in my love for the grown-up, Ex-Boy Wonder into the piece. I gave a shout out to the museum, and all the folks who provided parts and inspiration along the way. At least I hope I got everyone. If I left anyone out, I apologize! My mind is like a steel sieve.

Why hasn’t Mego — or any company — given us the grown-up Dick Grayson we’ve wanted for all these years…?
    sigpic
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

You can you never have to many versions of Robin! Nice set
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

I have customs of these two Robins as well... In fact, the need for an Earth 2 Robin is what prompted my interest in custom Mego figures to begin with, and I haven't looked back since.

RobinE2.jpg
      "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Great article Chris! Lots of fun comic history, Mego history, and personal history coming together there. Not to mention, your customs are a ton of fun.

Hopefully this article inspires someone to create their own custom Mego!

Comment

• bobws
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 13, 2008

I had my own customs for these two Robins and will have to do them again as I'm working on my JSA team right now. But it all comes down to what characters brian makes suits for and if i win the auction. Coming up next is a Teen sized Atom and to finish my Hourman i need to make his hourglass for around his neck.
          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• battmasterson
            Career Member
            • Dec 22, 2010

Those are GREAT! I love the Earth-2 Robin in the Gray suit. I have always liked that look.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Excellent article and fun figures. The 13th Dimension usually hits a sweet spot for me, and you've made a great contribution to the site.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks for reading folks. I appreciate it! It was fun to write.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎