Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro to bring back Kenner's Starting lineup figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    multiple dealers selling a 9' plastic Jordan figure with a shooting pose
    A 9-foot Jordan?!! Larger than life?
    Dang, where would you display something that big?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    On a related note I went a sports card show as a kid that had multiple dealers selling a 9' plastic Jordan figure with a shooting pose ( sorta like the remco Hulk )One dealer said they were factory overstock for an unproduced MJ shooting basket playset game. It would be interesting to see that item again if anyone else knows what I'm talking about.
    Was it the Enterbay figure?

https://www.ebay.com/p/2195207590

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    Was it the Enterbay figure?

https://www.ebay.com/p/2195207590
    It must've been this item
    hi-res-57a2f464ed82425b303e40246e096398_crop_north.jpg

Images
    I was well past toys in 1988, but I do remember these. Especially the football ones as they immediately brought to mind the NFL Action Team Mates. Big difference in the two lines of figures, I know, but SLU reminded me that NFL toys had previously gotten the attention of kids and the period between those two lines had been ruled by Star Wars.

The SLU line is very interesting in that it was pitched to Kenner by Cincinnati Bengal Pat McInally while he was in the final year of his NFL career (1986). McInally has the distinction of achieving the only verified perfect score on the Wonderlic Test that the NFL uses to gauge player intelligence. Story is, he took it again in 2007 and only missed one, to which he replied, "Not bad after six concussions." McInally got his own figure in the 10th Anniversary line and was paid royalties on the $700 million the SLU line made in sales over its lifetime.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...22/7404603001/

Here's a scan of the story behind SLU and McInally's involvement.
    https://kennerstartinglineup.blogspo...ng-lineup.html
    Last edited by Makernaut; Apr 26, '22 at 7:08 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by monitor_ep View Post
    This is what the Topps/Mego lineup should have been. Mego Starting Lineup would have been like printing money.
    Topps/Mego couldn't take my money quickly enough! I have to imagine, though, that adding action figures to Topps licensing agreement would be prohibitive for Mego.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

What was the company that made Hall of Fame Baseball players? they came in window boxes that you could open the front like the 12” sideshow figures. They made 12” Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Honus Wagner-Cy Young, Grover Alexander and a few more, I’m thinking late 80’s?? maybe they were called Hall of Fame Heroes Collection? I know they were definitely 12” size.

Okay I just remembered and they were 12” Kenner Starting Line Up Cooperstown Collection series, not sure if their worth much but I thought they were pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Makernaut View Post
    I was well past toys in 1988, but I do remember these. Especially the football ones as they immediately brought to mind the NFL Action Team Mates. Big difference in the two lines of figures, I know, but SLU reminded me that NFL toys had previously gotten the attention of kids and the period between those two lines had been ruled by Star Wars.

The SLU line is very interesting in that it was pitched to Kenner by Cincinnati Bengal Pat McInally while he was in the final year of his NFL career (1986). McInally has the distinction of achieving the only verified perfect score on the Wonderlic Test that the NFL uses to gauge player intelligence. Story is, he took it again in 2007 and only missed one, to which he replied, "Not bad after six concussions." McInally got his own figure in the 10th Anniversary line and was paid royalties on the $700 million the SLU line made in sales over its lifetime.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...22/7404603001/

Here's a scan of the story behind SLU and McInally's involvement.
    https://kennerstartinglineup.blogspo...ng-lineup.html
    Thanks for that story, very interesting. I do not recall the player. That Bengal team was good. Munoz , Icky, and Boomer I remember. Kenner being there in Cincy, they must have been big Bengal fans.
    mego's befo ho's

Quote Originally Posted by TrekStar View Post
    Okay I just remembered and they were 12” Kenner Starting Line Up Cooperstown Collection series, not sure if their worth much but I thought they were pretty cool.
    I have some of the Hockey and Football 12" Starting lineup dolls. I loved how they gave the Buffalo Sabres Hasek his cage instead of the goalie mask. Another company made 12" Hockey Dolls too; I forget the company, but I have the St Louis Blues Grant Fuhr and Avalanche Patrick Roy.

That makes me wonder what depth Hasbro will go, especially since no one has done articulated Sports ACTION Figures since those little 5" NFL figures (I had a Reggie Bush and a few others) and Hasbro is known most recently for their Marvel Legends style of articulated figures.

It should be interesting, but I have boxes and boxes of McFarlane Sports Picks still taking up way too much space, so unless it's a Bills or Sabres player I feel will be around for a while (although that didn't work out with Jack Eichel), I will be watching from the sidelines.

Images

Anyone else think their new logo looks A LOT like the Justice League movie logo?

http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif