Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro to bring back Kenner's Starting lineup figures.

Images

Hasbro to bring back Kenner's Starting lineup figures.

Nothing I really collected but I remember these being huge in the late 80s to late 90s. Happy for the fans. I'm actually kind of surprised it took them so long to bring it back.

https://toynewsi.com/278-42501
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    I wasn't a sports guy, but these came out right as I was getting out of playing with toys. A lot of my school mates and friends were buying them. I kind of wanted in, because they were toys! They were completely acceptable to buy too, unlike action figures at that age. Very strange, really.
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Blog Entries
    In partnership with Fanatics, the company that bought out Topps.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    I've got about two dozen of them they can have back. Anyone need a Ken O'Brien SLU? Anyone?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    I wasn't a sports guy, but these came out right as I was getting out of playing with toys. A lot of my school mates and friends were buying them. I kind of wanted in, because they were toys! They were completely acceptable to buy too, unlike action figures at that age. Very strange, really.
    Yep I remember my dad even getting into the game, excited to buy Dan Marino and Joe Montana. I told em he should pick up the rookie Favre because that guy was going to be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
    I've got about two dozen of them they can have back. Anyone need a Ken O'Brien SLU? Anyone?
    Lol! As a jets fan I have him but donít want him. I still have about 30 figures ranging from 88 Jordan to a 94 Messier
    mego's befo ho's

As short Round said in the Temple of doom-Big Mistake Indy!

This is what the Topps/Mego lineup should have been. Mego Starting Lineup would have been like printing money.

All I remember where those awful 'statue-action figures' that would hit the clearance stickers if they were not the hot sports figure at that time. To be truthful I never remember looking for them to resale at the comic book store.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    Still hoping we someday see more boxers as Megoís

Images
    On a related note I went a sports card show as a kid that had multiple dealers selling a 9' plastic Jordan figure with a shooting pose ( sorta like the remco Hulk )One dealer said they were factory overstock for an unproduced MJ shooting basket playset game. It would be interesting to see that item again if anyone else knows what I'm talking about.