X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Everything Everywhere All At Once

I post this here because it involves the multiverse, but this is more a movie about a woman trying to get her taxes done.

Everything Everywhere All At Once is a fantastic movie!! I can't imagine a better movie coming out this year. It is a bit long, but it does such an amazing job telling a oft-told tale of finding out about the importance of love but through one of the most creative ways I've ever seen. C'mon, there's a serious love story in a dimension where people have hot dogs for fingers! It's the most original love story since Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's also one of the few movies I've seen where I had no idea how it would unfold. That was a real storytelling joy!

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

The poster looks like a foreign remake of Yellow Submarine but I will watch Michelle Yeoh in anything.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      The poster looks like a foreign remake of Yellow Submarine but I will watch Michelle Yeoh in anything.
      She is so good in this movie, playing several different versions of herself. I especially enjoyed the meta version of her.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

the poster and the film look very entertaining

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Everything I have heard about this movie makes me think it would be right up my alley. Can't wait to see it.

And if (like me) you didn't recognize him... that middle aged man swinging the fanny pack is none other than Ke Huy Quan, the actor who played Short Round in Temple of Doom!

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            …I will watch Michelle Yeoh in anything.
            Indeed, and it's usually quite rewarding in any era/decade of her work!

…still trying to catch The Heroic Trio.
            Last edited by Confessional; Apr 14, '22, 9:46 PM. Reason: …Fighters have rules, too!

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by sprytel
              Everything I have heard about this movie makes me think it would be right up my alley. Can't wait to see it.

And if (like me) you didn't recognize him... that middle aged man swinging the fanny pack is none other than Ke Huy Quan, the actor who played Short Round in Temple of Doom!
              While he looked and, even more so, sounded familiar, I couldn't place him until after the movie. Of course, he was also in Goonies.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

is it streaming somewhere or in theaters?

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

Saw it today, and yes, it is fantastic. I don’t think there’s been a stranger, more high concept movie to play at mainstream theatres in a very long time. It’s a real roller coaster, with action, mind bending, romance, and heart, and as mentioned before: Hot Dog fingers.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎