Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Monster
    • Aug 26, 2020

Need help repairing an Urko tunic

Hi, I have a General Urko tunic where the collar/chest plate has come loose. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to use to get it to stay in place? I'd post pictures but I don't see a way to do it. Sorry.
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

I haven't done this myself, but I remember years ago, a guy had a custom Urko figure he made, where he used the glue from a swimming pool repair kit to apply the collar he removed from an Urko figure onto a standard Soldier Ape tunic: I know you're not doing that, but since the glue worked for that, it might work for your needs as well?

Comment

• Mego Monster
      • Aug 26, 2020

Originally posted by apes3978
      I haven't done this myself, but I remember years ago, a guy had a custom Urko figure he made, where he used the glue from a swimming pool repair kit to apply the collar he removed from an Urko figure onto a standard Soldier Ape tunic: I know you're not doing that, but since the glue worked for that, it might work for your needs as well?
      I think I saw that online. Did you make a removable helmet for the custom? If so, where did you get that? Or if you made it, can you reveal your secret please?

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Mego Monster
        I think I saw that online. Did you make a removable helmet for the custom? If so, where did you get that? Or if you made it, can you reveal your secret please?

https://planet-of-the-apes.biz/mego_...urate%20Figure

That's pretty cool (the one in the link you posted), I've not seen that one before...

The one I was referring to, the guy used an original Mego Urko figure, and he painted the helmet a shade of blue to match the tunic and the collar, so it was a basic, but cool looking figure... But he had kept it as a one piece helmet head figure, the helmet couldn't be taken off or anything. (Just the helmet head painted blue instead of light brown as originally released.)

The one in the link you posted looks like they maybe used the swimming pool repair kit glue technique the guy I was telling you about used. Whoever made the one in the link you posted must have used a good adhesive, even if it wasn't swimming pol repair kit glue, because that collar looks to be adhering to the tunic pretty well...

If I had to guess, for the Urko figure in the link you provided, it looks like maybe the guy had an original Urko head and probably cut the face part off so he'd just be left with the helmet... It shouldn't be hard to do if you have an extra helmet head Urko lying around. You could also buy one of the new Mego Ursus figures and cut the helmet off, but since the new Mego head isn't as soft as the original one, it may be a little harder to do, but I'm sure you could do it, maybe if you would warm the head up or something...

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎