X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

CTVT Parts for 2022 and Early Parting Out of Figures

I always like to see what new parts CTVT has for sale. The new Female Masks look nice and someone on Facebook showed them on the '66 Catwoman figures. They look nice.

There is a silver and a gold Tiara with no star. And there are multiple colors of the new "Deluxe" fedoras that The Phantom Stranger wears. Which leads me to...

The new Phantom Stranger is *almost* parted out already! You can get the head, cape, turtleneck and necklace. The suit and shoes are easy enough to get on the site, but oddly enough, you cannot get a new blue fedora, only the old style. So strange. So while there is one missing part, and it's cost prohibitive to buy the parts to build a Phantom Stranger, he has been parted out quicker than even the Filmation figures. So I don't think we will see The Phantom Stranger on a card either.

Yet, the new The Three Stooges figures are carded, so it does make me finally wonder about the DC Comics license. Although, the DC restocks of Dr. Fate and Swamp Thing are... carded? Ugh!
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Those hats are terrific.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• fossilfuse
      Museum Super Collector
      • Oct 27, 2008

Does anyone know when they will offer a grey deluxe muscular Hulk type body? They have the regular height grey, but I have been waiting some years now for the deluxe height.

Comment

• ToyBob
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by fossilfuse
        Does anyone know when they will offer a grey deluxe muscular Hulk type body? They have the regular height grey, but I have been waiting some years now for the deluxe height.
        I can't say but I think it's a good idea, I also think Blue would be nice since they have Red and Green.
        I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

So the Phantom Stranger fedora is a new scultpt, not the old Mr. Fuji repro? Or just a new color?

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by scott metzger
            So the Phantom Stranger fedora is a new scultpt, not the old Mr. Fuji repro? Or just a new color?
            Not sure what the Mr. Fuji is, but the Phantom Stranger Fedora is new. The have them listed in multiple colors, along with the older fedora for comparison. Just no single blue Phantom fedoras for sale, upon my last check.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Mr Fuji? The wrestler? He wore a bowler
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I actually met Mr. Fuji at a WWF event back in the 80’s at the old Boston Garden, he was there with the Magnificent Moroco and I think Demolition tag team, WWF answer to NWA Road Warriors, very poor comparison by the way since the Road Warriors were the best.

Fuji was dressed exactly like his LJN doll with his black bowler hat and cane, he spoke very good english, won a marathon in his dress outfit and was a surviving kamikaze pilot, I doubt anyone else can brag about that, he also starred in Fuji Vice, Fuji Hospital and Fuji Chan…that’s right folks Fuji Chan.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Wow, I don't know where I got Mr. Fuji stuck in my head from (and I've been referring to that as the Mr. Fuji hat forever). It was the LJN Slick figure that came with the hat the CTVT repro has been based on. I guess I just thought Mr. Fuji sounded cooler, so it stuck?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Mr Fuji was always cooler.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

I met Mr Fuji too years ago coming off of a Boston flight. First thing I noticed was a wrestler who was part of a team called the orient express. then Triple H walked by me. I then saw Mr Fuji sitting with John (earthquake) Tenta. I kinda knew he wasn't going to because of kayfabe but I asked earthquake for an autograph and he said " I don't sign autographs"

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

CTVT has add the Phantom Stranger's blue w/black Fedora to their parts list.

I wish they'd offer a yellow w/black fedora.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by TRDouble
                          CTVT has add the Phantom Stranger's blue w/black Fedora to their parts list.

I wish they'd offer a yellow w/black fedora.
                          Can't be too hard to paint the black stripe.
                          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
                            Can't be too hard to paint the black stripe.
                            I used electrical tape. It works and looks fine, but I'd still prefer it factory painted. You don't want to see my paint jobs attempts.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎