Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vampire Bride figure and interview with Jason Schiermeyer from Cast-a-Way toys

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lepage
    The Ape General
    • Aug 12, 2001

New Vampire Bride figure and interview with Jason Schiermeyer from Cast-a-Way toys

A little something different this week. I received an awesome exclusive figure from Jason Schiermeyer at White Elephant Toys. Here we talk toys and take a look at the new 8" scale Vampire Bride from their new line "Murderous Maidens". I thoroughly enjoyed this interview and, we cover a wide range of topics dealing in the business of manufacturing action figures plus, watch the entire interview to learn how you can get a Vampire Bride figure of your own! https://youtu.be/zwI94cbEUhw
  • KnightDetective
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 31, 2012

Thanks for the heads up! Always enjoy "behind the scenes" stuff. Looks like another quality project after all this time!

I like that head sculpt and deco. Would like to have heard more details on that, whether it is a new sculpt and if it might be offered separately at some point. Miss the Castaway custom parts store!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Interesting interview and it brought back some good memories of great Mego-like figures. I'd not heard of White Elephant, it's nice to see new products.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• danadoll
        Micronaut Nut!
        • Apr 11, 2005

It’s okay...I’m not too excited with a staring woman as a “vampire bride”, but it’s what they could make with what they had. I really like their Lenna (Native American female) figure, I bought two. I’m currently making my own custom vampire brides.

Dana
        Last edited by danadoll; Apr 3, '22, 12:01 PM.
        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Confessional
          Maker & Whatnot
          • Aug 8, 2012

As teased, getting you back to making wonderful things for Ape City would be killer indeed.

Comment

• Monstar
            Museum Super Collector
            • Mar 6, 2008

Originally posted by danadoll
            It’s okay...I’m not too excited with a staring woman as a “vampire bride”, but it’s what they could make with what they had. I really like their Lenna (Native American female) figure, I bought two. I’m currently making my own custom vampire brides.

Dana
            Is the Lenna figure available still?
            http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• Monstar
              Museum Super Collector
              • Mar 6, 2008

Great interview. Pretty inspiring actually. Cool to see people out there creating.
              http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

yeah I would be buying them if they showed vamp teeth. Same went with CTVT/FTC those heads are not vamp heads.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                  yeah I would be buying them if they showed vamp teeth. Same went with CTVT/FTC those heads are not vamp heads.
                  The FTC ones look more vampirey than the White Elephant head.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• KnightDetective
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                    yeah I would be buying them if they showed vamp teeth.
                    I hear ya, 'Ep, but I dig 'em because they don't! I'm the weirdo that wanted a Barnabas Collins with a neutral expression. Sometimes the suspense and anticipation are more delicious that the explicit reveal.

But yeah, sometimes you just want to see them big ol' scary teef!

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Monstar
                      Is the Lenna figure available still?
                      yes, from the Sister Website KC's Galloping Gals. Look for it on Facebook, I believe they will add inventory to the White Elephant TOyz site for the KC's stuff eventually.
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

Lenna is available on the White Elephant website now...

https://www.whiteelephanttoyz.com/pr...ith-head-lenna

Dana
                        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎