X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Wave 15 Reveals

Mego Wave 15 Reveals. We’ve had a major influx of Mego reveals today, although many are subject to licensor approval. Many of these shots are quite welcome to purchasers of the Topps exclusive figures as they mostly appear to be distinctly different from those offerings. Comic Style Black Adam Planet of the Apes Brent

More...
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Good. Maybe now we can put to rest complainers from both sides of the aisle. Topps exclusives will be available to the public in exactly the same way so many of us predicted from the very beginning - with uniform variants (i.e. Taylor in astronaut gear).

People who got the Topps figures will still have their exclusives (like Worf in his TNG uniform), and the general public will still have access to the exact same figures. Win-win. Hopefully. But I doubt it.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

………………
      Last edited by Confessional; Apr 1, '22, 5:42 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I'm glad I went with the Topss Ra's. Not a fan of the general release outfit, honestly. But I'm glad for folks who missed out on the Topps figure getting a chance.
        sigpic

Comment

• SpectrePrime
          • Oct 26, 2021

Originally posted by Liu Bei
          Good. Maybe now we can put to rest complainers from both sides of the aisle. Topps exclusives will be available to the public in exactly the same way so many of us predicted from the very beginning - with uniform variants (i.e. Taylor in astronaut gear).

People who got the Topps figures will still have their exclusives (like Worf in his TNG uniform), and the general public will still have access to the exact same figures. Win-win. Hopefully. But I doubt it.
          I think what may be a bit of a beef for some is that the general public release of Worf is not in the TNG uniform. Those looking to potentially have a complete TNG set of figures only have the option of Topps or auction sites to obtain the figure.

I'm getting both versions of Worf, so no harm/no foul for me, but I can see where some are coming from, on both sides.

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

Not surprised by Taylor, Brent and the Mutant but I am happy with them. Glad Sisko has the grey and black uniform.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Excellent wave, love Kharis and variant Quasimodo. Ra's is blah, POTA looks super.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Confessional
                I'm definitely going to have much Ape-fun with Topps X 15 interchangeable goodness, as well as other custom possibilities. Brent is looking good on that new bod.
                Brent's shoes look way too big. Really shows the difference in the body sizes, if you ask me. I think I'll have to do a Naphtha shrink on those moccasins.
                Last edited by LonnieFisher; Apr 1, '22, 1:09 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

The Apes figures all look really great. I'd really like to see the Kor general release figure.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

The moccasins are large without socks, I agree.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

………………
                      Last edited by Confessional; Apr 1, '22, 5:42 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Brent sure is shiny
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Confessional
                          We, anyone, the angry mob, could nitpick these to death… Mutant icon, shoes, simplification vs detail in the outfits, etc. Rather I'm choosing to enjoy them for what they are with access to plenty of parts to interchange and customize.

Having decent retro-Ape-figures (not an easy license/franchise to successfully monetize) in a beloved vintage format that provide our aging-selves with a minor option for fun in an otherwise vile era of humanity, is indeed something good.
                          I wasn't nitpicking, I was commenting on the fact that the new bodies are smaller than the originals, and the accessories made to fit the original bodies are large on the new style body. Hence my statement that I will shrink the shoes to fit the new body better. It's a shame when observation is taken as complaint.
                          Last edited by LonnieFisher; Apr 1, '22, 4:22 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

don't forget, these are prototypes and they said the new bodies were being tweaked again

Comment

• Timothy2251
                              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                              • Mar 15, 2008

In addition to all the monsters Megos I ordered from Topps, I ordered the TNG Worf because my gut told me to. Glad I did because the DS9 Worf that'll be mass released has the same outfit as the Topps Sisko, so my OCP collecting bug is satisfied.

Hate double dipping on figures, but I do loves me some Worf, so I win either way.
                              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎