X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by SpectrePrime
    I think what may be a bit of a beef for some is that the general public release of Worf is not in the TNG uniform. Those looking to potentially have a complete TNG set of figures only have the option of Topps or auction sites to obtain the figure.

I'm getting both versions of Worf, so no harm/no foul for me, but I can see where some are coming from, on both sides.
    I think it would’ve been better if Mego had reversed the costumes, and offered Worf in his DS9 uniform to go along with Sisko and Quark for the Topps release, but that ship has sailed.

The next best solution would be to purchase an extra Geordi and then black out the extra pip if they wanted to give Worf a series accurate TNG uniform.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Liu Bei
      I think it would’ve been better if Mego had reversed the costumes, and offered Worf in his DS9 uniform to go along with Sisko and Quark for the Topps release, but that ship has sailed.

The next best solution would be to purchase an extra Geordi and then black out the extra pip if they wanted to give Worf a series accurate TNG uniform.
      My idea that got shot down was to put him in a letterman jacket and sunglasses and release him as Teen Worf.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Interesting line up of new releases, I can easily see Black Adam transfer to a Submariner custom.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
          Interesting line up of new releases, I can easily see Black Adam transfer to a Submariner custom.
          I ordered one from Topps for that exact reason. I just need little wings for his ankles.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            Brent's shoes look way too big. Really shows the difference in the body sizes, if you ask me. I think I'll have to do a Naphtha shrink on those moccasins.
            At least with Brent, when he was decked out in rags in the film, he was barefoot, so there's really no need for him to wear the moccasins.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
              At least with Brent, when he was decked out in rags in the film, he was barefoot, so there's really no need for him to wear the moccasins.
              Well, that's even better than having to shrink them. I guess I'll just remove them and re-card him.

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                Well, that's even better than having to shrink them. I guess I'll just remove them and re-card him.

Moccasins on the Topps Taylor aren't/weren't necessary either... But, since the Topps figure of Taylor isn't a wide release, I am guessing you won't want to un-card/re-card him over a pair of footwear?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
                  Moccasins on the Topps Taylor aren't/weren't necessary either... But, since the Topps figure of Taylor isn't a wide release, I am guessing you won't want to un-card/re-card him over a pair of footwear?
                  Well, I bought two of each so I could switch outfits with Brent. Since Brent is being released with the outfit I was going to put him in, I probably will re-card one bare footed. I really like to alter and re-card the figures!

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                    My idea that got shot down was to put him in a letterman jacket and sunglasses and release him as Teen Worf.
                    stealing this idea for my customs shelf

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

Hmmm...well...

Dana
                      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Looking at my very crowded Mego shelves and I'm personally going to put the brakes on variations. I ordered what I wanted through Topps, and for the most part prefer those versions (yellow accents on Shazam and Black Adam aside). I even passed up a black and white Creature in the wild yesterday, because I already have that figure. My one concession is going to be the non-muddy Mummy in this Wave 15 assortment, I think.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎