Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apenutncc1701
    • Aug 9, 2009

Seaquest DSV

I have just finished binge watching Seaquest DSV on the Roku channel. I never watched it when it was originally on, too busy raising a family. I have to say that for the most part I enjoyed it. A majority of the episodes were good, of course there were some not so great, but that is any series. It is always fun to watch an old series or movie that takes place in the future of 2022 to see how they thought it would look. It started out looking alot like Star Trek TOS, although some episodes reminded me of Lost in Space season 3, lol. I noticed in season 2 that they had to have aired episodes not in the order they were produced because some episodes Captain Bridger has a beard, the next week he didn't, then he would again. In season 3, Lt. Brody gets killed, then few episodes later he was there again! Also in season 3 the relationship between Commander Ford and Henderson was all over the place. Some of the conflicts between characters seemed forced or came out of nowhere such as in season 1 when Lt. Krieg has hostility towards Ford because he thinks Ford doesn't respect his abilities as an officer. I have read articles online about some of the behind the scenes drama that took place during production, such as replacing several season 1 characters with younger ones to try and raise ratings in season 2, also how Roy Scheider voiced his displeasure with the direction the show took although you couldn't tell by his performance he was not happy. I was sad to learn that Jonathan Brandis took his life several years later because he was despondent over his career. He was truly a very gifted actor with a lot of potential. I am surprised that no one has tried to reboot the series like so many others have been, especially given its environmental story lines that are so relevant now. So what are thoughts anyone else has about the series? Liked it? Hated it?
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Oh I was so involved with this show I got to visit the set and got to really know a few of the stars. I bought so many of those action figures/ photos/ posters/trading cards and resold them just to get the show noticed. So too say I loved the show is an understatement. I Really like the fact that Playments released the action figures that were done in the same style as Star Trek. So when a ST member would show up I would customize that af to fit in.

Heck I even have the "BIBLE" that was supposed to be the writers guide, but they reworked it.

Another series to look for is Ocean Girl. It was like a sister/knockoff series to SeaQuest that worked so well together.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡