X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: The Love Boat

Tonight at 9. Vintage Mego looks at the Love Boat line and trying to explain the question of “why is this a thing?” Special Guest Star Abe Vigoda!

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Growing up during the age I do remember watching the show, even the crossover with Charlie's Angels but I have no memory of the action figure line.

After watching the video it does make since why Mego went with the 3.75 inch figures. I remember the Glamor Gals and my brother & I picked up a few to add to our G.I. Joes/Star Wars figures. Some of those sets were nice to have and again looking back they could be used for the Love Boat port-a-call sets. That was some smart thinking.

Now I am curious, with the reemergence of G.I. Joe, Star Wars, DC Comics & Marvel Comics releasing 4 inch figure I am surprised Mattel hasn't decided to try this out for there Barbie figures.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MegoMonk
      Career Member
      • Jan 22, 2007

My last memory of seeing brand new Mego figures in a store was these Love Boat figures. I was 16 in 1982 and went to Toys R Us on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn, toy shopping for my nieces. It had been about 4 years since I had gotten any new Megos. I remember looking at these figures and thinking how bad things must have gotten for Mego.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎