• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

PIN... just seen it for the first time

1988, never seen or heard of it before.

If interested check out Newcastle After Dark on YouTube (BTW i'm not connected with them,-- just a huge fan).

Back to PIN... --- Talk about an interesting and disturbing slow-burn movie, this movie is the tops.

WHY hasn't this movie been referred to me in the past ???

No spoilers here, just watch it
    Last edited by Mikey; Mar 29, '22, 2:58 PM.
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

C,mon … 37 views and have no replies seeing this gem ?

Watch it, Museum peeps

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Never even heard of it. What's it about?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Just read a synopsis and it sounds interesting. Good reviews, too and Terry O'Quinn is always watchable.

I'm 99.99% positive I've seen the paperback edition of the novel from which it's adapted at my local used bookstore.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 29, '22, 10:50 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          Never even heard of it. What's it about?
          Trying to not give away any spoilers but, think Psycho-ish

A hidden Canadian gem …

Like I've said, search Newcastle After Dark on YouTube to watch it for free.

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

I’ll be your huckleberry, Mikey. I’ll watch it one of these days. Sounds pretty interesting.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I watched it last night and enjoyed it--some good acting in it and creepy with a few scares. The editing and voice work helped, and it's rather well-written. Barring some sexual scenes, it struck me as very well-done TV movie (that's a compliment).

I need to check out David Hewlett in some other roles, he's good in Pin.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 30, '22, 9:44 AM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• shaunaconda
                Museum Super Collector
                • Mar 29, 2020

I’ve never heard of it. Is it streaming anywhere? I know David Hewlett from Stargate Atlantis.

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

Quite good. Surprisingly well crafted movie. The characters are all well developed and the story doesn’t go exactly as expected. It’s far more sensitively handled than you’d expect. The performances are all good, especially the lead.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Goblin19
                    Quite good. Surprisingly well crafted movie. The characters are all well developed and the story doesn’t go exactly as expected. It’s far more sensitively handled than you’d expect. The performances are all good, especially the lead.
                    The thing that attracted me most is wondering throughout the entire movie is "PIN..." real ?

Is he a supernatural Chucky in disguise?

Is Pin... evil ?

Was waiting for him (the dummy) to show any sign of life

Comment

• ToyBob
                      Museum Patron
                      • Feb 21, 2022

Yeah it's one of those underrated horror films that's hard to find physical. Yeah that's a good YT channel, Tales from the Crypt(72) was decent imo.
                      I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 19, 2019

On the recommendations of you fine folks, the GF and I sat down and watched this movie.

it was good! Very creepy but fun. The main actor absolutely killed it.
                        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎