Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpideyDude73
    • Jul 5, 2019

Definitive Srar Trek Sculpt?

I ended up selling my Star Trek Megos a while back(Target ones, not originals). I want to start replacing them. Just the original show ones.. I noticed the newest Spock with the black accessories and really like him.

I want to know what the experts(you guys!) feel are the definitive sculpts. I definitely like Kirk in the yellow shirt. A few others have only be released once... what are your guys/gals favorite even if it is vintage Mego or EMCE.

Thank you!
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

The original Mego Kirk. None of the repros every got the paint apps right, but that first sculpt captures the Shatner swagger better than any product EVER, and that includes expensive, high-end collectibles.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• SpideyDude73
      • Jul 5, 2019

Thank you, Chris. I agree.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, I'm watching the opening scene of "Metamorphosis" and, in comparing some close-ups of Kirk, the Mego sculpt is excellent.

Somewhere here at the museum, there's a top-five list of vintage Mego sculpts and Kirk's in it, too.

I also really like the Andorian (Thelev).
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• zeedox
          Career Member
          • Aug 10, 2007

The original mego redressed with the lower collar uniform from one of the more recent ones has been my favorite.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

Original Kirk had a good sculpt but I think the new sculpt actually captures Shatner's features better. Of the original sculpts, I'd have to give the edge to McCoy as to best capturing the likeness.

If we include the new Mego figures, I'd give the edge to Data, hands down, followed by the new Kirk sculpts (captain and admiral).

I think Kor may be a contender, though.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
              Original Kirk had a good sculpt but I think the new sculpt actually captures Shatner's features better. Of the original sculpts, I'd have to give the edge to McCoy as to best capturing the likeness.

If we include the new Mego figures, I'd give the edge to Data, hands down, followed by the new Kirk sculpts (captain and admiral).

I think Kor may be a contender, though.
              Yes, agree. Of the new sculpts, Data is absolute perfection.

From the original Trek line, it’s hard to choose between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. All three are still among the finest sculpts ever done for action figures.

Comment

• SpideyDude73
                • Jul 5, 2019

I went with the newest Spock. I do like the black accessories. Head sculpt is great, all of his are great. Retail price was a big consideration. $15 on the shelf vs. ~$100 wanting an original. Will probably follow suit with the new Kirk. Hopefully the re-release the supporting characters with black accessories so they match.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  The original Mego Kirk. None of the repros every got the paint apps right, but that first sculpt captures the Shatner swagger better than any product EVER, and that includes expensive, high-end collectibles.

Chris
                  Agreed. It's not the best likeness I've seen, but it does the best job of evoking the character. I always felt the same about their original Cornelius sculpt.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎