Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscars. The slap heard around the world…

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I knew about Jada's condition, and I am totally out of the loop on celebrity news. I find it hard to believe that Chris Rock didn't know. And even if he didn't know the medical issue, just making fun of someone's appearance is cheap humor that is beneath him.

But let's talk about the real monster here: the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences. Surely they vetted Chris Rock's material for the show. They also went ahead and let Will Smith stick around and collect his Oscar, essentially condoning his actions and sending the message that "if you are a big enough star, the rules don't apply to you".

I don't agree with Will Smith's actions, but at least I understand the motivation of trying to do right by your family. The Oscars don't have that excuse. They were just spineless.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Being just a casual fan I used to like Will Smith until now.

Makes me think he's not as nice and especially-reserved as most of his characters are.

He should have just laughed it off and moved on.

I don't like him anymore

Seems like a Hollywood produced bully
      Last edited by Mikey; Mar 29, '22, 4:33 PM.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Will Smith smiling, dancing, and singing, having a great time after slapping Chris Rock…

Yeah, he was really shook up after the events.

This tells me one thing, and one thing only…Chris Rock’s joke was not a big deal, but the Smith made it a big deal, and went all dramatic outta nothing. But they sure partied the night away.

Can’t stand the Smiths.
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
          Being just a casual fan I used to like Will Smith until now.

Makes me think he's not as nice and especially-reserved as most of his characters are.

He should have just laughed it off and moved on.

I don't like him anymore

Seems like a Hollywood produced bully
          Agreed 100%.

I’m cancelling Will Smith. I will no longer watch his movies. Nothing to say about Jada, never cared for her. I can’t even recall one single movie of hers right now.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Double post….l.
            Last edited by Hector; Mar 29, '22, 4:47 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
              Double post….l.
              I only saw it once.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

It was a tense evening all around. I heard they had to restrain J.K. Simmons from rushing the stage when the ladies joked about him being Timothée Chalamet after the ravages of Covid.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I only saw it once.

You read it before I deleted it, lol.

It was a passive-aggressive post. No need to elevate Chris Rock either…

sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Weird Half-80's-Remembrance

Didn't he kill somebody because of a bad drug deal ?

Brushed under the table by his then current record company.

If so, guessing you'll never hear from me again

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

This isn't to scold or dismiss, but I am trying to interject some reality.

There are a ton of threads on this board where people try to talk about the things we presumably hang around here to discuss and they have just a few....or sometimes zero responses. And this, for lack of a better word tawdriness...that every boring person in my life is already "blah, blah, blah"-ing about gets 6 pages? No one has any insight into this. No one has said anything that makes any single person take pause. Yet on and on and on.

Let's get excited about some toys or popular culture from back in the day. I've already heard my neighbor's cousin's cat's best friend's opinion on this. And so have all of you. Wake up. You have less time left to live than you think you do.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Will Smith making fun of bald guy back in the day…

LIKE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBETURN ON YOUR NOTIFICATION VISIT: HTTP://NDGOCHYLDTV.COMJOIN THE DISCORDhttps://discord.gg/QpPPYSggkmCopyright Disclaimer under Se...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Makernaut
                          This isn't to scold or dismiss, but I am trying to interject some reality.

There are a ton of threads on this board where people try to talk about the things we presumably hang around here to discuss and they have just a few....or sometimes zero responses. And this, for lack of a better word tawdriness...that every boring person in my life is already "blah, blah, blah"-ing about gets 6 pages? No one has any insight into this. No one has said anything that makes any single person take pause. Yet on and on and on.

Let's get excited about some toys or popular culture from back in the day. I've already heard my neighbor's cousin's cat's best friend's opinion on this. And so have all of you. Wake up. You have less time left to live than you think you do.
                          You are right. But I was bored and started the thread, lol.

The most unjust thing about the whole fiasco?

96982383-27CB-4C75-A65B-A9AEA02F01FF.jpg

What a damn bloody shame…
                          sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 22, 2015

I get it, Hector. We've all had to get tangled in the wire because it's out there. And see....I didn't know that about "Dune". I feel ripped off for not knowing that!

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I'm a baldy and have no prob with it... same with my bros --- who've never found a problem with finding gals that don't care.

My Mama gave us these wonderful genes

On the other hand one of my cousins had to go to a physiatrist when his hair started thinning … Solution, an incredibly horrible rug

Felt so bad for him...

Just shave it all off --- women kinda like that now-a-days

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Makernaut
                                I get it, Hector. We've all had to get tangled in the wire because it's out there. And see....I didn't know that about "Dune". I feel ripped off for not knowing that!
                                The Oscars are a joke.

For the last few years, they distribute Oscars to all the movies, just to be politically correct.

Remember back in the day when one movie would get 10-11 Oscars, including Best Picture? That was because it was the best movie, period.

How in the world did Dune not win Best Picture? It was by far the most dominant movie at the Academy Awards.
                                Last edited by Hector; Mar 30, '22, 3:29 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎