X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Primetime Heroes of the Ice heads

I've mentioned these and had some folks ask me about them. This is an excerpt from my "heads" list (I have a document with all the heads I use or see as potentially useful to browse through when I'm trying to figure out what head to use for a character). These have really long necks, but can be modded to fit a Mego.
    heroes of the ice.jpg
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Forsberg really looks like Matt Damon to me. That's the first time I have seen them all together

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

I have a couple of those heads, but I forgot where they came from. Thanks for posting this.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Wow these really could come in handy for doing more Batman '66 henchmen or even cops. Thanks for this tip.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

Hello,
          So how do they look on a Mego Body ( new or old)???
          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

I used Lidstrom for Power Ring from the Crime Syndicate:

117893501_10157722860048668_3721821882088050370_n.jpg

I also used one to make Stripesy for the Seven Soldiers of Victory, but I don't have a pic handy right now.

The heads are a little skinny sometimes back to front (like some of the FTC heads), so I did fill out the hair a little in the back on Power Ring. And you do have to futz around with cutting the neck shorter and adapting it to the Mego neck hole, but the scale is good. The flesh tone is light for the classic Mego bodies, but may go with some of the lighter modern bodies. Only other thing of note is that the eyes have no line on the top, so they look a little buggy in their original form. It isn't too hard to paint a little eyelid line in, though (and likely easier for those out there whose painting skills are far superior to mine). They don't seem to go for horrifically high prices on eBay, so they aren't a really expensive option. I picked up most of what I have back in the days when they were on close-out in KB Toys.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

I like what you did for that, cool outfit.

Comment

• ToyBob
                Museum Patron
                • Feb 21, 2022

Can see why you mentioned them, they are general enough to have many uses for custom Megos. Thanks for the info on how much adaption is needed. Yeah a little added paint should get rid of that bug-eyed look.
                I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎