X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Masterverse New Eternia He-Man and Skeletor

First of all, it's nice to see Masterverse starting to move away from purely Revelation designs.

neweternia1.JPG

Viking He-Man and Skeletor are from a new subset that are based on early concept art for MOTU. The concept art accessories and heads are actually not the big draw for me. What I like is, when you swap heads and remove the extra accessories, you end up with really nice updates to classic He-Man and Skeletor. He-Man reminds me a bit of the Mondo 12 inch figure. These are huge upgrades to the previous Masterverse He-Man and Skeletor figures. I think I may actually like these better than the MOTUC versions. He-Man's shield is from the Revelation figure. The New Eternia He-Man came with his battle axe but not his sheild.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Really like that Skeletor!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Their heads still fill too small to me. These are better than the actual Masterverse designs, but still a touch too little.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, those look SHARP! It's cool that Mattel includes enough parts to be able to customize these into the look an individual may want.
        sigpic

Comment

• KingKickass1983
          Career Member
          • Jan 19, 2019

I plan on turning that He-man into a Conan custom. Have mine pre-ordered from Big Bad toy store.
          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Really like that Skeletor!
            It's a great head sculpt. Almost looks like he is smiling. A terrific homage/update to the original.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^There is something subtly Filmation about it. I think I may have to cave and get these two.

You should be on Mattel's PR team!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                ^There is something subtly Filmation about it.
                Yeah, I can see that too. The sculpt has a lot of personality. It's going to be hard for them to top this.

You should be on Mattel's PR team!
                Ha! Thanks.
                Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 25, '22, 5:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎