Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Follow me into weird worlds, for I am the Phantom Stranger...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Follow me into weird worlds, for I am the Phantom Stranger...

8C77FB83-27DC-418C-AC8C-E65A6AF6936E.jpg

CA05DE2C-B097-452B-962F-D8316DA905B8.jpg

619CBF6D-8C85-4DF5-A610-638C22825EBC.jpg

18F23354-854E-4698-8CC4-C50042CDCC93.jpg

446B5DF5-7E15-47A3-8C56-CBC8C2408C48.jpg

The Phantom Stranger arrived today, and what a great figure! The head sculpt, repurposed from Superman, looks fantastic and even better suited for the Stranger. The suit fits nicely and the details are well done. The cape and hat fit very nicely, too. The figure was packed securely, which is a step up from the envelopes FTC has previously used for loose figures. All in all, this is a fantastically executed figure and a great addition to the satellite era JLA.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Has FTC dropped packaging?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

I think all of their most recent releases have been loose only. For your older stock, I'm not sure.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Pretty lame of them to do that and not cut the price. Kind of enters the realm of knockoff figures
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Pretty lame of them to do that and not cut the price. Kind of enters the realm of knockoff figures
          According to the add I saw, it was $39.99 marked down to $29.99. I assume it has the type-s body? Offering it without packaging is likely the way they’re keeping the price at $30.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• nubee
            Career Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

Is it on a Type-S body?

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks, Krypt0nite! he looks good. Mine, along with a few other items, arrive tomorrow.

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              According to the add I saw, it was $39.99 marked down to $29.99. I assume it has the type-s body? Offering it without packaging is likely the way they’re keeping the price at $30.
              If you are looking at the Facebook ads, they are deceptive. They show as being "on sale" or "price cut" from $39.99 to $29.99. But on the FTC and CTVT websites, they are $29.99, with or without packaging, and all on regular FTC bodies. Same, body, no price increase, but no packaging on the newer releases.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TRDouble
                Thanks, Krypt0nite! he looks good. Mine, along with a few other items, arrive tomorrow.

If you are looking at the Facebook ads, they are deceptive. They show as being "on sale" or "price cut" from $39.99 to $29.99. But on the FTC and CTVT websites, they are $29.99, with or without packaging, and all on regular FTC bodies. Same, body, no price increase, but no packaging on the newer releases.
                Wow! Thanks, I totally guessed wrong. So you can get packaging or is it not offered at all?
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

Packaging is not offered at all.

I haven't bought a lot of FTC lately. Filmation Batman and Metamorpho I think are the only other ones I've gotten fairly recently. In each case, FTC has not offered a packaged version.

I've wondered if their reduced output and lack of packaging is signaling the end of their DC license but I haven't heard anything to confirm that.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I’ve wonder about the license status too, also because of how quickly they are parting items out. You can already get just the heads and outfits of the Filmation figures, which BTW, are the only figures they have publicly said will not be released on cards. But that could be more to do with the Filmation license than DC Comics.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎