X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    I have a very low opinion of Scrappy Doo. On the other hand, I really like AJ, the Waltons, and the Wizard of Oz.

The Waltons is a well-made line even if not to everyone's taste. Wizard of Oz is a beautiful line with excellent sales for Mego. The reason WOz is "cheap" and plentiful is because the like sold well, was heavily promoted, and was also embraced by traditional doll collectors.
    I meant no offense with my comment, and agree with you that The Waltons *and* The Wizard of Oz are both great looking lines, Our Gang too for that matter... I guess I used those two lines as examples because it seems people are more willing to use them as custom fodder. (People would be willing to sacrifice Scappy over Scooby, just as people would sacrifice Ma Walton over Supergirl ).

For something to compare Scrappy Doo to, I suppose I should have used CB McHaul as an example

Again, no offense intended.
    Last edited by apes3978; Mar 27, '22, 4:18 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Gosh no, no apology needed. I wasn't offended, just felt some perspective was warranted. I totally agree about custom fodder and have cannibalized many myself. I guess I'm just more passionate about the Waltons and Wizard of Oz than some here. I get teased about liking the Waltons often! But sometimes the POTA-Trek-WGSH train is a juggernaut.

I really do consider Scrappy the nadir of Scooby Doo, though.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• clemso
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 8, 2001

Action Jackson has it's own hardcore collector base. It even has a great facebook group out there called Mego Action Jackson and Friends where we hang out and talk everything AJ. It really is the most enjoyable line to collect.

Comment

• MegomanJess
          MegoHead
          • Oct 9, 2003

I remember hearing that at the end they used one of the camouflage outfits.
          ~~~ Jess ~~~
          If you want an Action Jackson #1 card PM me with your mailing address. It might not go out ASAP but I will send you one.
          http://actionjackson.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Jackson_Wiki

Comment

• Action Martin
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by MegomanJess
            I remember hearing that at the end they used one of the camouflage outfits.
            Yes, that was covered in the 4th post. Aussie Marine.
            Scott

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎