• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rchatlin
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 24, 2001

ISO - Comics Journal Back Issues

Hi Gang -
    I know we have some serious Comic researchers here, and I"m in need of your help.
    I'm working on a documentary film, and looking for back issues of Comics Journal from the 80's and 90's,
    as well as any comic 'coming attraction' ads, flyers, newsletters, etc from Comico, Dark Horse, Eclipse and Pacific Comics.

Thanks in advance for any direct assistance, or even possible leads to follow.

r
    o
    b
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Are you looking for any other comic journalism zines from that era? I have a bunch of Amazing Heroes, Amazing Heroes Preview Specials and Comics Interview issues from the 80s, but I am a little light on TCJ, I have a couple issues, but not more than like 2-3.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• WJKCreations
      • Dec 11, 2020

I believe that I have a lot in our store's storage - is there specific issues you are looking for? I can take a look on Tuesday - but I should have a Mag box or 2 of Comics Journal and a bunch of other zines from the 80s & 90s

Comment

• rchatlin
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 24, 2001

I'm primarily focused on Dave Stevens and The Rocketeer.
        Comics Journal covered the business side of things as well, including unfortunately, the demise of Pacific, Eclipse and Comic.
        Specific issues I'm aware of are 93, 95, 128, 137, 138, 165, 172 & 174.

We will gratefully credit everyone who contributes, and all have my thanks.

r
        o
        b

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
          Career Member
          • Jun 8, 2015

Hi Rob, I have scatterings of COMIC BUYERS GUIDE from the 80's to the last issue, I will try to see if I can budge into my storage unit and try to find anything related.

Any chance of getting your LOG LINE/Synopsis for the doc??

Thanks, Rob.

Jorge.

Comment

• rchatlin
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 24, 2001

Jorge,
            thanks so much!
            It's an authorized documentary about Dave Stevens, covering his life and art, impact and legacy.
            If you happen to have any issues of Comic Shope News, issue 44 has The Rocketeer on the cover.

r
            o
            b

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
              Career Member
              • Jun 8, 2015

Rob, it's been a while and I managed to squeeze into my unit and I am sorry to say I didn't find anything with Dave Stevens. Apologies for the delay.

How is the doc going?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎