• Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Masters of the Universe Origins Wave 8 comparisons

Horde Troopers

muohtrooper.JPG

The new Trooper is a lot taller. But the most noticeable change is the color. The new one is molded in a very shiny metallic silver plastic. The Origins Trooper does have the same battle damage action feature where you push the Horde symbol and the chest splits apart. You do have to be careful to have the arms posed out of the way for it to work right.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mattel Creations exclusive Mini Comics Tri-Klops

muocomicklops.JPG

Not sure what wave this figure would actually be considered in, but he showed up around the same time as my Horde Troopers pre-order. This figure is based on how Tri-Klops looked in "The Terror of Tri-Klops!" vintage mini comic. He uses the same parts as the first Origins Tri-Klops but with a new armor piece and Keldor boots. The glow in the dark warriors ring included uses the same mold as the MOTUC one. The mini comic is a new reprint of the vintage "The Terror of Tri-Klops!" mini. It's not exactly the same as the vintage one or the commemorative. It doesn't have any of the cross sell ads.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Horde Troopers battle damaged.

muohtroopers2.JPG

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

That new Horde Trooper is amazing! I preordered a half dozen.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
          That new Horde Trooper is amazing!
          Mattel really out did themselves on the Trooper. Not a single shared part too. All new tooling.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Anti-Eternia He-Man.

muoantiman.JPG

Evil He-Man from an alternate dimension from 80s German audio stories. Was not aware of this character until I got online so I have no nostalgia for the character. I'm also generally not crazy about evil versions of superheroes. That trope has been absolutely run into the ground the last several years with DC Injustice and the Batman who Laughs. Kind of going off on a tangent there. Anyhoo, as evil He-Mans go I don't think he is remotely as cool as Faker.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Clawful vintage, commemorative variant with Skeletor legs and Origins.

muoclawful.JPG

I've always liked Clawful. Just a fun looking figure. Another fantastic update in the Origins line. Very slight differences between the vintage and the Origins figure. Brighter colors, his mouth is open slightly wider and they painted more of his teeth. Has the same spring loaded claw action feature as the vintage figure. The Origins figure can actually grip has axe instead just looping it around his claw.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Nice. I had no idea these were even out yet.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Judging by their card backs, Flying Fist He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor were supposed to be the deluxes from wave 7 even though they are shipping with wave 8.

Flying fist He-Man vintage vs Origins.

muoffhm.JPG

Origins FF He-Man comes with more accessories including a full power sword. The Origins shield is smaller than the vintage. He does have the vintage action feature and it works great. That all out of the way, this is an amazing figure. Justing terrific looking. The chrome is beautiful.
                  Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 19, '22, 8:33 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Terror Claws Skeletor vintage vs Origins.

muotcskel.JPG

Like FF He-Man, TC Skeletor comes with extra accessories his vintage counterpart did not. The Origins terror claws and dragon weapon are larger than the vintage. The dragon weapon still makes the snapping noise when swung. The action feature, again, works great. Just like the vintage. The chrome doesn't have the mirror finish of FF He-Man but it is still super shiny and looks great. Really fun terrific looking figures.
                    Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 19, '22, 8:39 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I think Flying Fist He-Man was the last version of He-Man I bought as a kid. I always liked that look. These new figures look great! Thanks as always for the comparisons. I really appreciate seeing them side by side.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Glad to see these deluxe figures. I agree, He-Man is sharp.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm enjoying this wave, I should have Terrors Claws Skeletor soon to complete it.

I really want Mattel to issue a new version of the classic accessory set with extra armor and weapons!!

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            I really want Mattel to issue a new version of the classic accessory set with extra armor and weapons!!
                            A new Weapons Pak would be fun.

Finally got Sun-Man.

muosunman.JPG

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              Finally got Sun-Man.[ATTACH=CONFIG]33237[/ATTACH]
                              Me, too, and I really like him. The controversy surrounding him is unfortunate and petulant.

I'm not sure I need his whole cadre, but Pig-Head and Space Sumo look good.

I'd like to see Mattel do a four-figure set of Fuerza-T masters, too. No tooling cost lol.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎