X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I like it, looks fun to me.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I’ll address the elephant in the room.

You watch Star Girl, but think Ms Marvel looks like shiat. Both shows are identical girlie cotton candy fair.

So you either like both or hate both. They are basically the same show. Teen girls wearing Halloween costumes.

Is it because she’s Pakistani-Canadian and Muslim?

I’ll probably not watch it because I don’t like teen-based CW-type shows. Not interested in either Star Girl or Ms Marvel.

But personally I don’t have a problem with the actress herself.
      sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
        I’ll address the elephant in the room.

You watch Star Girl, but think Ms Marvel looks like shiat. Both shows are identical girlie cotton candy fair.

So you either like both or hate both. They are basically the same show. Teen girls wearing Halloween costumes.

Is it because she’s Pakistani-Canadian and Muslim?

I’ll probably not watch it because I don’t like teen-based CW-type shows. Not interested in either Star Girl or Ms Marvel.

But personally I don’t have a problem with the actress herself.
        I find this post offensive and not at all accurate. Calling me racist is really a problem with the person you are and not who I am. The character Stargirl isn't a person who falls out of reality and daydreams about boys while someone is talking to her. She doesn't go around fantasizing about boys and living in a world where she can't concentrate because she's constantly in her own little fantasy reality. Stargirl has Luke Wilson and Amy Smart, and I like both of them. I have no clue who the actress playing Ms. Marvel is and her race has nothing to do with how I feel about the trailer. I don't know why you think I have to like two shows because you say they are identical. They are far from identical. The tone of the new show doesn't appeal to me, having been a super fan of superheroes since the 1960s. The show looks goofy and that doesn't appeal to me. I also didn't like Loki, Hawkeye, or Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I’m not calling you racist. I simply stated if her being Muslim was the reason you thought the trailer looked like crap.

To me, both shows look the same. Two teens with Halloween costumes. Both look silly. Both cringe, Both goofy. Neither my type of show.

Anyway, if you took it as a personal attack, my apologies. That was not my intention.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

I get that she’s boy crazy. But many teens are. It’s just not a boy thing…
            sigpic

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

I don't know anyhting about comicbook Ms Marvel post Carol Danvers, but from what I can understand, the only issue that I can see is that they have changed her power to what looks like Kree Nega-bands from the original Captain Marvel comics. Her original powers sound a bit like a cross between Mr Fantastic and Ant-Man. So I guess Marvel Studios wants to vary her power set. Already read some saying her powers are now like Green Lantern. I'll definitely give it a go.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Thematically, the trailer made me think of Pixar's new film Turning Red, which was great by the way. The connection is in no way a bad thing.

I like Stargirl. In fact my whole family does. But it suffers from the same woes as all the CW shows: stretching about a 6 to 8 eisode arc over 13 or more episodes. Last season was fun, but basically nothing of note happened for the first 5 or 6 episodes.

I appreciate that the Disney Plus shows run as long as they have to and get out. And yes, I think those first two episodes of WandaVision WERE necessary, myself.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Trailer reaction video. I agree with this guy.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    She doesn't go around fantasizing about boys and living in a world where she can't concentrate because she's constantly in her own little fantasy reality.
                    I went back and watched the trailer again. Literally 6 seconds of shots of the "hot boy" in a 1:30 trailer. But yes, lots of fantasizing about how cool it would be to be a superhero instead of a dorky kid.

Honestly, it gives me a very Spider-Man vibe. You have the kids who is an outsider at their high school, but earnestly wants to be a superhero. The "hot boy" bit could have easily been a scene of Peter Parker pining for MJ. You even have the using the superpower to shut the door and the sitting up high and looking over the city, which are almost literally the same shots from Spider-Man. In my opinion, this is a new take on a classic Marvel formula.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 19, 2019

I really enjoyed the comic. So I'll probably check the show out.

Dunno why they felt the need to change her powers though...
                      Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        I find this post offensive and not at all accurate. Calling me racist is really a problem with the person you are and not who I am. The character Stargirl isn't a person who falls out of reality and daydreams about boys while someone is talking to her. She doesn't go around fantasizing about boys and living in a world where she can't concentrate because she's constantly in her own little fantasy reality. Stargirl has Luke Wilson and Amy Smart, and I like both of them. I have no clue who the actress playing Ms. Marvel is and her race has nothing to do with how I feel about the trailer. I don't know why you think I have to like two shows because you say they are identical. They are far from identical. The tone of the new show doesn't appeal to me, having been a super fan of superheroes since the 1960s. The show looks goofy and that doesn't appeal to me. I also didn't like Loki, Hawkeye, or Falcon and Winter Soldier.
                        To be fair, the trailer makes it look like she was fantasizing about a boy while being lectured to.

For all we know, she was thinking about something completely different in the actual show.
                        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          Thematically, the trailer made me think of Pixar's new film Turning Red, which was great by the way. The connection is in no way a bad thing.

I like Stargirl. In fact my whole family does. But it suffers from the same woes as all the CW shows: stretching about a 6 to 8 eisode arc over 13 or more episodes. Last season was fun, but basically nothing of note happened for the first 5 or 6 episodes.

I appreciate that the Disney Plus shows run as long as they have to and get out. And yes, I think those first two episodes of WandaVision WERE necessary, myself.

Chris
                          Agreed on Stargirl. I was worried when it moved from DC Universe to CW, but the tone remained the same. It's the only CW DC Comics show I still watch (I would like to try Season 8 of The Flash, and Superman & Lois).

The first two episodes of WandaVision were definitely necessary and the series would not have been the same without them, but you had to be willing to give it a chance. I think word of mouth helped; I told my wife, who I watched with as a second viewing for me, to just stick with it, trust me! She did and ended up really enjoying the show and how it all came together.

I think Disney+ has done something with their trailers that most modern trailers do not accomplish -- giving a glimpse of the show without basically showing the whole show in the trailer. And I have to admit, as a person who doesn't read new comics much anymore, but has a history of growing up reading comics, it's fun going into some of these shows and movies blind.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

i agree, the trailer makes it look bad. i will give it an episode or two but if it's not my thing i will drop it. did the same with Stargirl. just didn't like it

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Ms. Marvel

Ms Marvel cb.jpgMs Marvel tv.jpg

I for one will be watching this, I have read the Comic Book series so I knew what to expect and it looks very much like the cb version.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mego Milk
                                Custom Mego Maker
                                • Jun 3, 2007

I'm gonna watch this.

My 16 year old daughter told me about this.
                                I dig that she digs it.

she said "Look! She's a normal person. She looks like I can go to school with her!"

its true. I like what I see. I think its important to have the youngsters interested in watching.

aw yeah man.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎