Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New MOTU origins reveals 2002 He-Man, King Randor, Pony tail Teela with Zoar

Looks great.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Well, like the Sorceress, I missed out on Randor because I had dropped out of MOTU by the time they finally released him. I'm in for him for sure!
    sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Randor really has a Burger King vibe to him, doesn't he? Can't believe I never noticed that before.

These really do look great. Pig-Head, Space Sumo, and Digitino are characters that have a bit of a knockoff vibe, but in the best possible way. And I have always liked Teela and Zoar.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I don't dislike these and I love Zoar and Screeech. Digitino does not engage me though, and I can think of many core characters I'd rather see first.

But I'm all-in. Surprised that Teela looks paler but pleased at a reissue--and we may thus see Evil-lyn & Screeech or She-Ra & Swiftwind.
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 14, '22, 7:31 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Surprised that Teela looks paler but pleased at a reissue--and we may thus see Evil-lyn & Screeech or She-Ra & Swiftwind.
          I'd be shocked if we don't get a Screech and Lyn 2 pack now. I am getting concerned about She-Ra characters in Origins. But I have heard rumors of Frosta and Catra coming to Masterverse.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

These all look fantastic. Surprised they didn't go with "Battleground" Teela but I guess they needed to get a basic version back out there.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

More Origins reveals. Leech, Grizzlor, Mantenna, 2002 Skeletor, Snout Spout and Roton

New Masters Of The Universe Origins Official Reveals Including A New Vehicle And More

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2019

I'm really looking forward to Space Sumo. It will be nice to have an Asian figure with actual Asian features that aren't exaggerated to ridiculousness.
                Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Yummy. And Roton? Good grief, YES PLEASE!!!!!!!
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Also, I like these 200X nods--it's good to have He-Man/Skeletor refreshes in the line and I wouldn't mind others like Count Marzo and Evilseed.

In fact, I'd welcome some gimmick versions like GITD Skeletor and transluscent "power" He-Man. I think the yellow translucent CGI He-Man is cool and would like to see an Origins version.
                    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 16, '22, 6:52 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Also, I like these 200X nods--it's good to have He-Man/Skeletor refreshes in the line
                      They turned out better than I expected and I like that their designs are filtered through the vintage/Origins style and lack the tiny heads and hunched backs of the 2002 figures.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎