• Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

maybe he comes with a bust of Menzies the 1st or whatever his name is

Comment

• MegoMonk
      Career Member
      • Jan 22, 2007

Has anyone actually received the figures they ordered from Topps? I only ordered Brent and the Mutant, but would still like to get these soon.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i heard possibly next month

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
          Glow in the dark
          That would be awesome!

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            That would be awesome!
            I was thinking he’d come with a mask but glow in the dark would be cool.

Comment

• Monstar
              Museum Super Collector
              • Mar 6, 2008

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
              So let me ask you this in a different way:

If the Hammer figures from other retailers are exactly the same as the Topps except for slight costuming changes (perhaps a burgundy jacket on the Phantom instead of navy blue) are you going to be happy that these folks took your money six months ago?

I bought the Hammer figures. To be honest I would be happy with some type of variation to the figure itself or with the clothes.

For example - I'm ok with the newer Reptile coming out in a green dress. However, it did suck to re-buy the Van Helsing figure with the only difference being the accessory (from stake to candlesticks).

I would not be thrilled if the only variation between the Topps and general release were the card art or some odd add-on accessory.
              http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

So let me ask you this in a different way:

If the Hammer figures from other retailers are exactly the same as the Topps except for slight costuming changes (perhaps a burgundy jacket on the Phantom instead of navy blue) are you going to be happy that these folks took your money six months ago?
                I'd welcome a tidier, non-perforated Kharis.

Regarding Petrie's Phantom: I'll concede that filming black clothing is challenging, but I don't think navy or burgundy anything is a legitimate variant. An Inverness cape would be.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Monstar
                  I would not be thrilled if the only variation between the Topps and general release were the card art or some odd add-on accessory.
                  I agree with you on that, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Comment

• zeedox
                    Career Member
                    • Aug 10, 2007

I am a bit more concerned with the fact that the Topps line was originally announced as a way to get characters made that might not have I believe. Does that mean we don't get to finish a DS9 set? That reminds me I don't think anyone can say that the Tin Man or the Scarecrow from Oz wouldn't be good sellers I really vote for making collections themselves have some active ensemble. I never missed Sulu and Checkov too much as a kid because the Trek crew we had seemed complete obviously with Oz that's not the case, so the hopes for Odo or Bashir seem null.

On that note, is Quark on the new body and Sisco on the old?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by zeedox
                      I am a bit more concerned with the fact that the Topps line was originally announced as a way to get characters made that might not have I believe. Does that mean we don't get to finish a DS9 set? That reminds me I don't think anyone can say that the Tin Man or the Scarecrow from Oz wouldn't be good sellers I really vote for making collections themselves have some active ensemble. I never missed Sulu and Checkov too much as a kid because the Trek crew we had seemed complete obviously with Oz that's not the case, so the hopes for Odo or Bashir seem null.

On that note, is Quark on the new body and Sisco on the old?
                      Depends how well DS9 characters sell. If the numbers aren’t there, then more won’t be made.
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 23, 2019

As much as it wouldn't be fair to anyone who ordered the Topps figures, I hope there isn't much in the way of variation when it comes to Worf. I want to be able to insert Word in with my other TNG figures, so I want to make sure his uniform matches that series/era... Yes, I could purchase another figure and switch the outfit, but I hate having to buy a whole new figure I already have just to get a piece of clothing I need for a different figure.
                        "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
                          As much as it wouldn't be fair to anyone who ordered the Topps figures, I hope there isn't much in the way of variation when it comes to Worf. I want to be able to insert Word in with my other TNG figures, so I want to make sure his uniform matches that series/era... Yes, I could purchase another figure and switch the outfit, but I hate having to buy a whole new figure I already have just to get a piece of clothing I need for a different figure.
                          The figure is listed as "Lt. Worf", so I am guessing he will either be in Season 1 red, or he will be in Klingon garb? Anything later, the rank wouldn't work.

Comment

• apes3978
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by zeedox
                            I am a bit more concerned with the fact that the Topps line was originally announced as a way to get characters made that might not have I believe.
                            That's what I thought it was supposed to be too...

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 15, 2010

Originally posted by apes3978
                              That's what I thought it was supposed to be too...
                              They took our money and moved the goalposts, IMO. Never in my life have I paid 100% upfront and waited 6+ months for the item to be released. The reason I did it here was because I thought this was going to be the only way to ever acquire these figures.Here’s the announcement from Topps’ website:

"only through Topps website" Uh huh…

I’m not going to stop supporting Mego, but I’m also going to think twice about every purchase going forward.
                              sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

They took our money and moved the goalposts, IMO. Never in my life have I paid 100% upfront and waited 6+ months for the item to be released. The reason I did it here was because I thought this was going to be the only way to ever acquire these figures.Here’s the announcement from Topps’ website:

"only through Topps website" Uh huh…

I’m not going to stop supporting Mego, but I’m also going to think twice about every purchase going forward.
                                Really? You still don't get it?
                                The Topps figures are not getting released by anyone except for Topps. The wave 15 figures are not the same figures as the Topps figures. If the Topps figures were being released in wave 15, then I wouldn't have to be buying the wave 15 figures. As reality is, I will need to be buying more figures because I want the wave 15 variants, which aren't the figures Topps released.
                                How is it that you still don't understand the difference? The same character does not equal the same figure. Mego has released many Spock figures. Same character, not the same figures. Does that make it a little more clear for you? It seems so easy to understand to me. If you still don't understand, I can post a clearer explanation with some pictures so you can see for yourself the difference. Let me know if that would be helpful...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎