• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
    Hey TRDouble,

How did you get the McCoy replacement head and body?
    The first one I got from Dr. Mego after sending him an email.

Then I bought a second McCoy and got a replacement from Frank Wojo, who added the McCoy, GL Suit and replacement for my Michael Burnham to an order that I placed with him.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the info!

Were the replacement McCoy heads painted or cast in the correct color?

Comment

• The Batman Professor
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 15, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        if that is literally the only difference between Topps figures and the regular release, that is a serious bait and switch issue
        Damn right.

I took a lot of heat for saying this was a sucker play from day one. They took our money as a zero percent loan, carved out their profit, and used the rest to produce figures that will end up being “exclusives” in the most narrow sense. If an Astronaut Taylor and Ape City Brent end up at retail, I’m owed an apology by all the people who defended this nonsense.

Won’t hold my breath.
        Last edited by The Batman Professor; Mar 12, '22, 2:17 AM.
        sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
          Damn right.

I took a lot of heat for saying this was a sucker play from day one. They took our money as a zero percent loan, carved out their profit, and used the rest to produce figures that will end up being “exclusives” in the most narrow sense. If an Astronaut Taylor and Ape City Brent end up at retail, I’m owed an apology by all the people who defended this nonsense.

Won’t hold my breath.
          No one will owe you an apology. We knew from the beginning that there would be variants of the characters Topps was making. The Topps figures will only be available to the people that purchased them at the time they were offered by Topps. If you thought the characters wouldn't get variants, you weren't paying attention to what Mego said at the time. They said as much when the figures were being offered. The figures made for Topps will not be available at any other time by any other retailers. I can't believe this is still such a hard concept for some people to understand.

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            No one will owe you an apology. We knew from the beginning that there would be variants of the characters Topps was making. The Topps figures will only be available to the people that purchased them at the time they were offered by Topps. If you thought the characters wouldn't get variants, you weren't paying attention to what Mego said at the time. They said as much when the figures were being offered. The figures made for Topps will not be available at any other time by any other retailers. I can't believe this is still such a hard concept for some people to understand.
            Yeah. I supported the Topps deal from the beginning, and have been saying since the beginning that these will be released to the public with only minor differences. No one should be shocked by this, and if they are, it’s on them.

Comment

• zeedox
              Career Member
              • Aug 10, 2007

Aww cmon, THEY is...US!

Am I the only one remembering saving up 80 bucks for a robin at an Antique Shop on the West Side of Manhattan in the late 1990s?

I just bought a brand new Robin Mego for 13.99 my lunch doesn't even cost as much.

Speaking of the Topps....where?

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Vintage Mego collectors pay a premium for figures that are on a slightly different card, or where the fabric is a slightly different color. These figures mark a very brief partnership between Mego and Topps. They will be among the first figures on the new body... and maybe even a uniquely new body, because it sounds like they are still tweaking. Not to mention them being variant costumes. I suspect time will show these will be highly sought after and fetch a pretty penny.

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

Are these ever going to ship because Topps employees that I have spoken with don't seem to know? I was good with this in the beginning, but now,( 8 months later )refunds would be good with me. Thank goodness Deathstroke is not a Topps exclusive like he was
                  supposed to be before .

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by wise guy
                    Are these ever going to ship because Topps employees that I have spoken with don't seem to know? I was good with this in the beginning, but now,( 8 months later )refunds would be good with me. Thank goodness Deathstroke is not a Topps exclusive like he was
                    supposed to be before .
                    Deathstroke was never planned as part of the Topps figures.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by wise guy
                      Are these ever going to ship because Topps employees that I have spoken with don't seem to know.
                      I never expected these until 2nd quarter anyway. As long as I get them, I'm fine.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by zeedox
                        Aww cmon, THEY is...US!
                        I go Pogo.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RSS
                          Museum Robot
                          • May 9, 2007

Originally posted by The Batman Professor
                          Damn right.

Won’t hold my breath.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                            Thanks for the info!

Were the replacement McCoy heads painted or cast in the correct color?
                            The replacement McCoy heads are painted.

ZLC Collectibles actually got in a new batch of McCoys with heads molded in the correct color. That’s what is on my newly setup Star Trek shelf area.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                              Radioactive!
                              • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for the info! I've been looking for a corrected McCoy that is actually molded in the correct color.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

I can see some of the classic horror monsters that were shown in b/w getting released that way as the second run.
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎