X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    i actually like that there is a slight height difference. gives a little contrast on the shelf
    It might work in this specific case, but in a broader context it doesn’t/wouldn’t work. They really need to correct the scale, which they reportedly have, so fingers crossed the differences will be negligible from here on out.

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Liu Bei
      It might work in this specific case, but in a broader context it doesn’t/wouldn’t work. They really need to correct the scale, which they reportedly have, so fingers crossed the differences will be negligible from here on out.
      I don’t like that Spock is short.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by nubee
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]33239[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33240[/ATTACH]

I don't understand why Mego claimed the height difference is minimal.

Kor is on that horrible kinda loose hip joint Sidekick body and Kang is on a regular Mego body NOT a Type S.

Good thing about this is maybe those who couldn't buy them when they were offered are able to find them on eBay for a reasonable price. I can't see anyone paying even retail price for Megos on that Sidekick body.

I think they both look great, the likenesses are pretty spot on. I can see where the height difference and body structure on Kor could be a bit aggravating to some, but a nice job was done on these nevertheless.

Comment

• nubee
          Career Member
          • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by TrekStar
          I think they both look great, the likenesses are pretty spot on. I can see where the height difference and body structure on Kor could be a bit aggravating to some, but a nice job was done on these nevertheless.
          Yes Kor is a very nicely done if not for the height and loose hip joint issues that seem to plauge this Sidekick body. (At least mine has a nice normal waist tension.)

For those who find the height issue "blah," Captain Marvel and Black Adam r going to be BIG disappointments especially when the suits r too small to be used on a regular Mego or Type S bodies. (Kor seems to be transferable to a regular Mego or Type S.) And to think I bought 2 of each (CM & BA)..... hoping to keep one of each MIP.

I sincerely hope Mego correct this disaster of a body for the Ghostbusters which I am still eager to have.....for now.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by phil
            I don’t like that Spock is short.
            I don't like that any of these are short. I realize that Lee/FTC scuttled any more Mego-like bandless body, but this new is a disappointment except as custom fodder. Not very Megoesque IMO.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JoeMego
              • Oct 29, 2018

Finally got all my MEGO Topps orders (six figures) and I'm quite pleased. Leaving them in box but I am REALLY tempted to open Kor and Spock. We'll see.

Comment

• markp67
                • Jun 22, 2010

Do we have any idea yet whether the scale adjustment will be/has been implemented on Wave 15 figures?

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

I don't mind the shortness of the figures too much as long as it is addressed and fixed. I do like being able to pose the new arms the old mego arms are frustrating. certainly a lot of smaller characters and sidekicks that can be customized or kitbashed Titans, Wolverine, Kato,Sulu,Chekov Superboy, The Legion, Bruce Lee.... oh and my brent figure and black adam figure were pretty tight at the waist. All I am waited on is Shazam, Taylor and Zira.( I don't know why my shazam and adam were shipped separately, everything else i ordered in pairs arrived together

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                    Wow, that is a stark difference. I haven't taken Kor or TMP Spock off their cards yet. My idea is to get the Kor on a corrected body from retail, and just leave this one MOC. We'll see, though.
                    What makes you think the retail version will be on a corrected body?
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• puckace
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Feb 5, 2009

All I have received so far are Shazam and Black Adam. They look nice but I'm not happy with them. They shouldn't look so short next to Superman and Batman. These were premium pricing with the Topps shipping. Unfortunately, they came out less than premium as a finished product. It's very disappointing. I really want Mego to do well and this is a step in the wrong direction.

Comment

• nubee
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by puckace
                        All I have received so far are Shazam and Black Adam. They look nice but I'm not happy with them. They shouldn't look so short next to Superman and Batman. These were premium pricing with the Topps shipping. Unfortunately, they came out less than premium as a finished product. It's very disappointing. I really want Mego to do well and this is a step in the wrong direction.

Mego's idea of improvement: Sorta like improvement of the wheel by using squares as opposed to circles.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                          Banned
                          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          What makes you think the retail version will be on a corrected body?
                          Posted about 12 minutes ago on Facebook by Dr. Mego: The issue with the height difference has already been addressed - but these figures had to ship out. We could not hold up shipping in order to correct the issue. The difference in size is minimal.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                            Radioactive!
                            • Feb 13, 2010

Has anything more concrete than a vague "it's been addressed" been stated by Mego?

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                              Has anything more concrete than a vague "it's been addressed" been stated by Mego?
                              Not that I’ve heard. Hopefully they said something on the livestream tonight. But I can’t imagine they’d be dishonest about something like that. I’ll keep my fingers crossed anyway, because the size difference otherwise is just too stark. Kor looks like a toddler.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

"It's been addressed" does not mean it's been fixed yet. I would assume that the wave 15 figures will be on the same short bodies.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎