X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Liu Bei

I truly hope this is just a blip. Mego has put out so much good product since their return, I just want to see it go as long as it can.
    Agreed.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Sure, my OP was terse.

IMO, what most Mego-style fans expect of an upgraded body, whether adult or teen, is close to the Type S. Mego-looking, but sturdier and with better articulation. Similar height, same general build.

Lee's figure, and its vending by a Mego competitor, have forced Mego Corp. to develop something different--which IMO feels "non-Mego."
      Since the type S features mostly mego sculpted parts I don't see how FTC can hold a monopoly on it.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Sure, my OP was terse.

IMO, what most Mego-style fans expect of an upgraded body, whether adult or teen, is close to the Type S. Mego-looking, but sturdier and with better articulation. Similar height, same general build.

Lee's figure, and its vending by a Mego competitor, have forced Mego Corp. to develop something different--which IMO feels "non-Mego."
        Got it; thanks!

I think Mego could have done basically a Type-S if they wanted to, even with subtle differences if they were worried about lawsuits on a body based on what they originally developed -- ex. no screws, cut biceps like Dr. Mego's Mego body, etc. -- but they decided that they wanted to not just make a bandless body, but upgrade the body too. This may be the initial design, or based on the design, that Dr. Mego floated many moons ago; only he and that circle knows.

I think there are some good things with this body. I like the shoulders and musculature. I think the elbow swivel points look better on sleeveless characters than the Type S (I haven't looked at the knees enough to say the same). The grip hands are nice too. And they fixed the skin tone issue. Once you put an outfit on the body, it looks like what I want a modern Mego to be, complete with the poseability I expect from a figure in the 2020s. And still very easily customized.

My only issue with the new body is that I don't like the waist joint and that it's too small... too small, IMO, to fit in properly with existing releases on the banded body and some of my customized figures on the larger Type S body. But as standalone figures? The Joes look great! So does Kor. Spock in that blue TMP outfit is striking to look at; it really pops. Green Arrow is very nice. If minimally, Mego fixes the scale issue, then I think they have a winner. I think the 50th Anniversary WGSH figures on a properly scaled bandless Mego body is going to look fantastic.

Comment

• nubee
          Career Member
          • Feb 15, 2010

IMG_20220614_205312753_HDR.jpgIMG_20220614_205344143_HDR.jpg

Since no one seems to comment on the Grim Reaper, I posted 2 pics.

It's on a regular white Mego body. I couldn't figure why Grim seems a lil small until I undressed it: He has no neck (lol).

I don't regret getting Grim. Nothing fancy and the figure is true to the pic given. I mite transfer it to a white or glow Type S one day.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Was supposed to be getting a box on the 17th. Now it says it should be delivered today, but it's still in another state. FedEx sucks!

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

my last of the orders, Taylor and Zara is still stuck on June 2nd from fed ex:/

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                Was supposed to be getting a box on the 17th. Now it says it should be delivered today, but it's still in another state. FedEx sucks!
                I feel your frustration. I have had far better luck with the US Post Office. My FedEx arrival dates kept getting changed (or just showing as "pending"). But I finally got all of mine. Hopefully yours will arrive soon.

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

I'm in the same boat. I'm still waiting on the first figures I ordered: Shazam & Black Adam that I ordered on August 16, 2021.
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by pmwasson
                    I'm in the same boat. I'm still waiting on the first figures I ordered: Shazam & Black Adam that I ordered on August 16, 2021.
                    Strangely, I got Shazam first. Black Adam is what I'm still waiting on. My package has been is Washington for six days so far.
                    Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jun 21, '22, 6:30 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by pmwasson
                      Now my tracking says "out for delivery". Is your stuff being delivered today, Paul?

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

Now my tracking says "out for delivery". Is your stuff being delivered today, Paul?
                        I got my final figures today! They sent Shazam and Black Adam in different boxes for some reason.
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

Topps sent me an email regarding my George Taylor figure( now due in July) so I am happy it’s addressed as I pondered sending them a note over it.

Comment

• puckace
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Feb 5, 2009

I got the same email. Still waiting for 3 figures to ship. Email said they would send the rest and Taylor later.

Comment

• apenutncc1701
                              • Aug 9, 2009

Finally received my final 2 figures today (Spock and Kor). It took from June 2nd until today to receive them. The other 4 figures only took 9 days to get. I think the theme song for this should be the Johnny Cash song "I've Been Everywhere Man". They traveled from Pompano Beach Fl., Ocala Fl., Davenport Fl., Monteagle Tn., Lenexa Ks., Olathe Ks., Sacramento Ca., Henderson Co., back to Lenexa then Olathe and finally to me in Wichita! LOL! Of the 6 figures I ordered only 1 really disappointed me and that was the Borg Queen. Head sculpt was not very well defined and her costume lacked any real detail. I was also a little disappointed that Quark's head was so small in comparison to how he appeared on DS9. I wish Worf would have had his Bat'leth. I was very pleased with Sisko, Spock and Kor.

Comment

• Count_Popula
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Aug 28, 2018

Mixed reviews for the new Hammer monsters. Distractingly dark color aside, the Mummy also has a "charred" feeling to the suit that prevents the arms from being moved up. And I'm going to paint the Phantom's mask, as its color is solid beige, as opposed to the moldy looking grey/green it is in the film. Really detracts from the creepiness. It could also use an elastic strap; otherwise there's no way to keep it on his head.

No complaints about Kor, though. The military governor of Organia looks glorious.
                                Last edited by Count_Popula; Jul 5, '22, 6:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎