X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    Episode 5 was awesome. love the flashback scenes. looking forward to what they do for the finale. i wish they did longer episodes though
    Finally the episode I was waiting for!!!!!!

Now we are talking…

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

they are still being coy about whether or not there will be a second season. i hope so, this season has been great

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Hearing James Earl Jones voice a VERY bad a** Darth just "feels" like Star Wars more than anything else I've seen of late.

Kids and I are enjoying this series just as much, if not more, than Mando.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

my wife is really enjoying this one too. she watched Boba fett but has no interest in Mando.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

man, what a finale. that was friggin awesome. lot's of cameos too

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

This was a great series. Deeper than just about anything done with Star Wars in a long time, and with some of the best acting in the entire franchise. It retroactively redeemed some things about the Prequels I never really cared for. No small feat!

I would like another season, but this one was so good, maybe it would be best to leave it alone, unless they have a great story in mind.
              sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Couldn't have enjoyed this show more. Ten outta ten. Loved it all. Sorry it was only six episodes. I'm with you Chris in having no love for the prequels but this show made me care.

Amazing job all around and hearing James Earl Jones as Darth again can be scratched off the bucket list.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I think that was the best lightsaber duel ever.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

it was definitely up there as one of the best duels, though my personal fave is still the E1 Duel with Obi, Qui Gon and Darth Maul.

the duel at the end of ROTS was also very, very good. with a lot of emotional depth, but i think the finale of ObiWan really added another whole layer of emotion to it. really excellent writing and acting. also glad we got to see Owen and Beru doing more than just standing there

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      it was definitely up there as one of the best duels, though my personal fave is still the E1 Duel with Obi, Qui Gon and Darth Maul.

the duel at the end of ROTS was also very, very good. with a lot of emotional depth.
                      If the Obi-Qui-Maul duel was a fluid one stand alone scene, I’d “almost” agree. The problem is that it cuts back and forth with THREE other scenes. Padme and guards fighting at the place, Anakin and his fighter attacking the Trade Federation station, and Jar-Jar and company fighting the droid army. It was super annoying. I just wanted the stand alone duel. Many YouTube videos have edited out the Padme, Anakin, Jar-Jar scenes, and the duel flows so much better without them. It’s awesome.

In the Obi-Wan series, the duel is shared with only one other scene, Reva/Third Sister vs Owen/Beru/Luke. And that was still annoying me a bit, lol. When I rewatched their duel three or more four times, I fast forwarded the Reva scene, lol.

And you are right, ROTS is epic as well.
                      Last edited by Hector; Jun 23, '22, 5:30 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

I enjoyed the Vader/Obi scenes a lot. Cool scenes for sure!

I was questioning throughout the show the time dilation.

Some spoilers below..

So Reva get's Vader'd, and finds the communicator about Tatooine. 5 minutes later is pulling the ship down with the force trying to leave, then the other ship leaves. We then see Vader chasing the other ship and Reva shows up on Tatooine in about 20 minutes or so?

Same thing when Obi-Wan finishes the fight, and then beelines for Tatooine in time?

I know, it's a show about being in space with swords made of light, but the timing of those things were really bothersome to me.
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I can’t see anything ^^^^^^

Every since one of my iPad software upgrades, I can’t see posted videos here.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                              valar morghulis
                              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                              I can’t see anything ^^^^^^

Every since one of my iPad software upgrades, I can’t see posted videos here.
                              Older version vBulletin forums like this one are having issues with YouTube players because Apple devices are pretty much only supporting the new standard of HTML5, which the old vBulletin code isn't using. The forum needs to be updated to the modern method of serving the video links.

Or at least that's an explanation I've seen from a reliable source.

I think if you quote back the message you should be able to see the URL and then copy/paste it.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock

I think if you quote back the message you should be able to see the URL and then copy/paste it.
                                We pitted Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen against each other to argue over some of the internets biggest debates. We find out if they think the Star War...

Thank you!

To answer Nostalgiabuff:

I have appreciated the prequels more over the years, except the acting, still pretty awful.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎