Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type S bodies for FTC Toyman and '66 Batman?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sabin
    • Feb 7, 2022

Type S bodies for FTC Toyman and '66 Batman?

i am interested in getting FTC's Toyman from Super Friends, but i've read that the skinny body on him is horrible. So i am thinking about purchasing the head and outfit separetly, and also purchasing a Type S body from ClassicTVToys. is it very easy to get the SuperHero/Villian heads (not sure if Toyman has a skinnier head than other characters) onto those bodies, or is there work involved with neck plugs? i have never done any customizing, and want something really simple.

i'm also thinking about buying the head and outfit for Batman from the '66 Classic TV show, and a Type S body for him as well. But does this Batman have molded gloves (rather than hands) that wouldn't be able to go onto a Type S body?

Also, if these two characters will work with Type S, which is better for them? the Deluxe Type S or regular? i'm not really concerned with additional articulation, if that makes a difference.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Toyman's costume may not fit a regular Mego size body if its tailored to the skinny body. The Batman you should be able to adapt the plug in gloves and boots with little effort, I kept mine original and the body is fine as is.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

What thunderbolt said about the Toyman's costume. I think I figured out how to get the new Robin's tunic onto a Type S body, but it's tailored for a skinny body and is going to be a chore.

The head depends. They all fit the Type S body rather easily. Skinny body heads are the same as any other heads. But some heads have a really small neck plug; so small, you don't even need to unscrew the Type S body to pop it on... but it pops off just as easily. Not a big deal if you are just displaying, as it looks fine on the body. So that's not an issue.

'66 Batman has molded plug-in gloves and plug-in boots, so it will take some extra work to get those onto the Type S body. I find the gloves easy to move, but the boots, not so much. But I have moved some of them with plug-in boots, including my '66 Batman, and he looks great on a regular Type S body.

I have never used the Deluxe Type S body. Some same it adds more muscle tone to the figure, but I never saw a need for double jointed elbows and knees on a Mego style figure.

Comment

• Sabin
        • Feb 7, 2022

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Toyman's costume may not fit a regular Mego size body if its tailored to the skinny body. The Batman you should be able to adapt the plug in gloves and boots with little effort, I kept mine original and the body is fine as is.
        Thanks for the info! That's disappointing about Toyman's costume, but i'm glad to hear that Batman '66's original body isn't bad. Maybe i'll just order these two figures and hope for the best in terms of how they stand and look

Comment

• Sabin
          • Feb 7, 2022

Originally posted by TRDouble
          What thunderbolt said about the Toyman's costume. I think I figured out how to get the new Robin's tunic onto a Type S body, but it's tailored for a skinny body and is going to be a chore.

The head depends. They all fit the Type S body rather easily. Skinny body heads are the same as any other heads. But some heads have a really small neck plug; so small, you don't even need to unscrew the Type S body to pop it on... but it pops off just as easily. Not a big deal if you are just displaying, as it looks fine on the body. So that's not an issue.

'66 Batman has molded plug-in gloves and plug-in boots, so it will take some extra work to get those onto the Type S body. I find the gloves easy to move, but the boots, not so much. But I have moved some of them with plug-in boots, including my '66 Batman, and he looks great on a regular Type S body.

I have never used the Deluxe Type S body. Some same it adds more muscle tone to the figure, but I never saw a need for double jointed elbows and knees on a Mego style figure.
          Thanks for the info about the Deluxe S. it doesn't look any more muscular in the pictures, and i don't see the need for the double joints either.

How much extra work is with getting Batman's boots onto a Type S? As i said, i've never done any customizing, and i don't even own a single FTC figure at this point, so perhaps i should just purchase these two and leave them on their regular bodies, knowing that i can always switch them over at some point down the road if i feel the need.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

To move the boots to a Type S, I guess it depends on your skill level. That was the first swap I did of that type. I will try to upload a picture of what I did tonight.

I will say that most of my '66 Batman figures had decent bodies and Batman and Robin are the only ones I swapped out, just because I wanted more mobility and Robin looks better with exposed Type S arms compared to the standard FTC body.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎