Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Comics Figures We Are Still Waiting On...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

DC Comics Figures We Are Still Waiting On...

Forgot what I was searching for, but I came across a variant Outsiders Batman that I forgot about and that led me down the rabbit hole of finding pictures of other DC Comics figures shown, but still not released by FTC. Here is hoping that we see them in 2022, and preferably, on card (even though I am an opener)...

Geo-Force
    Shown October 9, 2020

Outsiders Batman
    Shown January 24, 2020
    (via Plastic Memory Blogspot)

Outsiders Batman Variant
    (via Plastic Memory Blogspot)

Guardians of The Universe OA
    Shown April 22, 2022

Kid Devil
    Shown May 6, 2022

These were the only ones I found. There are more announcements without pictures too, like Black Lightning and Katana (though they have had her head sculpt available loose for quite a while now -- also have Black Lightning 3D unpainted head sculpt available.).

The Restock announcements are nice, but I really want to see some of these new figures show up.

UPDATE: Removed Deadman and Super Friends Hawkman. Added Kid Devicl, Guardians of Oa.
    Last edited by TRDouble; Jun 13, '23, 9:14 AM.
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

The only thing I'm still waiting for are the long ago announced Comic Action Heroes.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Just mentioned those characters that were mentioned, but no pictures shown...

I missed or forgot about the announcements of General Zod, Faora, and Jax-**. Clayface was supposedly in production back in September 2020). And that Lynda Carter Wonder Woman line was canceled. That's why if I haven't seen a picture, I don't get too excited.

We've seen the model for Blue Devil's head sculpt and Kid Devil was also announced entering production in May 2020 (FTC did mention that 2020 was basically a lost year though).

The Guardians of the Galaxy and Mongul were announced in 2020 too.

2020 also saw the announcements of more JSA members in Hourman, Wildcat and Sandman. I forgot about those too.

No pictures of Tula, but she was a March 2020 announcement.

Hopefully the Aquaman line doesn't go the way of Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. Ocean Master was announced in February 2020. Aquaman was announced too, maybe in 2019 which also saw the Watchmen announced.

Finishing up 2020 was a January announcement of the Monitor.

Also the picture of the new Super Friends Wonder Woman all sculpted head (July 2020). I hope we eventually see that released.
      Last edited by TRDouble; Mar 6, '22, 2:34 PM.

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

yeah man.
        all of those!

Comment

• Count_Popula
          Museum Super Collector
          • Aug 28, 2018

What about Metamorpho, was he ever officially released? All I see online is an "early bird in factory bag."

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Count_Popula
            What about Metamorpho, was he ever officially released? All I see online is an "early bird in factory bag."
            For reasons unexplained, the latest FTC releases have not been released packaged, probably starting with Metamorpho, through Halo and the three releases from The Adventures of Batman (I think the Wonder Woman figures came out in-between some of those releases and they were carded).

Someone questioned FTC on Facebook about this, but their only response was that licensing had nothing to do with it, with a nod towards losing a year due to COVID-related issues, and they still have plenty of DC Comics figures in the pipeline (recalling from memory, so I may be off on a point or two).

FTC only came outright and said that the Adventures of Batman figures will not be released carded. If they truly get restocks and new items at the end of March / early April, it will be interesting to see if they are sold loose or carded.
            Last edited by TRDouble; Mar 6, '22, 7:28 PM.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

What ever happed to Katy Kane Batwoman? They release the Bat-Girl but no partner??
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                What ever happed to Katy Kane Batwoman? They release the Bat-Girl but no partner??
                Was she ever announced or mentioned? She would be nice to have with Bat-Girl, but I stuck Bat-Girl with my Tiny Teen Titans.

Comment

• Mego Batman
                  • Dec 10, 2021

Outsiders Batman looks great. Really hope it gets released this year. My research shows that it was announced years ago.

Comment

• bobws
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 13, 2008

I'm still hoping for the Tula figure to go with my Titans. I know I'll make an 8" version anyways.
                    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Saturn Girl
                      Shadow Lass
                      Light Lass.
                      JediJaida

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

We can take The Phantom Stranger and Lilith off the list, as they are finally available on FTC website. They are available as so called early birds again, which means bagged for full price. I still ordered them along with a few other figures I wanted, but had not purchased.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 23, 2019

Phantom Stranger appears to have a repainted Superman head, but that's OK.
                          "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                            Radioactive!
                            • Feb 13, 2010

I think the sculpt actually fits the Phantom Stranger better than Superman.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

The Jim Aparo(Outsiders)BATMAN is the one I've been chaffing at the bit to get my hands on. Starting to give up hope...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎