Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I liked it. I liked the horror aspects of it. The Batman himself was actually scary, you could understand why the criminals were afraid when he showed up.

I dislike The Dark Knight but I really like The Batman!
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^The Batman works the character's mystique. Reeves portrays the fear-inducing nature of the charcter, and Pattinson works the costume, especially the cape. Nolan did a good job of it with Begins, but he seemed to lose interest in The Dark Knight, and by Rises, there's not much "batman" about Batman anymore.

I still think Keaton captured that aspect the best, though. He knew the costume could be either a huge burden, or a tool. He was constantly working the cape and consciously moved "Batman-like".
      sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

I watched it on Monday and liked it. Can't find anything to go on and on about, but I thought it was worth a watch. My one comment would be that as I was watching, it struck me that in no way could I picture Superman, Wonder Woman, or any other DC character showing up without it all falling apart. What I mean is that it seems like DC is never going to build anything like the Marvel Cinematic Universe and maybe they have given up on even trying.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

I saw it at the theater and enjoyed it more than I did compared to a lot of the more recent DC movies. With that, there was some odd choices with the plot and such but again I enjoyed it. Quite a long movie for sure and even though I have HBO Max, I don't think I'll be up for watching it again anytime real soon. Other things I'd prefer to spend 3 hours watching right now but maybe another time.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Just watched Seven, ahem, I mean The Batman last night…

I loved it. The most grounded and realistic portrayal of Batman to date.

***spoilers***

Pattinson was great, more so as Batman than Bruce. His Bruce was more like a cameo. I’m sure he’s going to be featured more in the sequel. But his Batman was shockingly great. Love how he’s not all powerful like Batfleck for example. Yes, I get it’s only year 2. But Bale’s Batman was more polished in Batman Begins than Pattinson’s Batman. Anyone noticed how terrified he looked when he was running from the cops and faced the abyss from the top of the building? You can tell his heart was pumping really fast, but had to sky jump nevertheless. His flight suit was grounded in realism, as it’s molded after real flight suits, not some fantastical flying/gliding cape. His landing was not pretty either. I like seeing this type of Batman. Love Selena Kyle too. Heck, loved the whole cast. The demented and twisted take on Riddler was perfect for this type of movie. The only question mark is why Colin Farrell as Penguin? Don’t get me wrong, he was great. But why not just cast a regular fat dude with a big nose in the first place? If they are going to make a Penguin series, poor Colin Farrell is going to go through murderous make up apps over and over again, lol. What a drag. My goodness, what a baddass Batmobile. It’s officially my all time favorite now. Love the muscle car approach. I do have one major gripe though. Batman himself doesn’t capture the Riddler, as he gives himself up, and the cops snag him. But I do love how Batman realizes vengeance is not the answer. Justice is. Wonderful end message.

The Batman, 9 out of 10.

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I also like how everyone around him just keeps looking at him with either amusement (the white painted faced subway gang), disdain and contempt (the cops), fear (street criminals), and admiration (rescued people). That’s how he would be seen in real life.
              sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 3, 2009

heres the making of if anyones interested

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

I LOVE this!!!
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

What's the deal with the end credits Riddler URL?

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎