X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liu Bei
    Banned
    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by zeedox
    Why do I get the feeling not having a Mego line for The Batman is going to cause some regrets...
    I’m not sure, because it’s a turd of a film. It’s the least Batman Batman movie I’ve ever seen. This push to take Batman (and DC characters in general) darker and darker with every installment has to stop. They are so far removed from their original characters they would be unrecognizable if not for the title of the film, and the vaguely similar costumes they wear.

Comment

• Liu Bei
      Banned
      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by wise guy
      I would rather have Mego do Batman the animated series from the 90's than The Batman movie figures.
      Or just an authentic Neal Adams version of the character. All DC’s iconic looks came from that era anyway, mid 70’s to mid 80’s.

Comment

• zeedox
        Career Member
        • Aug 10, 2007

I understand just that the Horror line also has modern Horror which has some serious things that don't need to be action figures. I picked up Batman Penquin Catwoman and Batman in Flight Suit from the Trendmasters line and I have enjoyed the purchase. I think I was only pointing out that the Mego brand has an niche with the cowl that might very well have been a cash point win over Trendmaster or McFarlane upon release.

i agree about the Neal Adams Batman I think we already got it in 14". And then the FTC version shows that a so/so version is possible.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Heh, FTC shows that a so-so version of most anything DC is possible.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• zeedox
            Career Member
            • Aug 10, 2007

Well said. That bit with the gloves makes me real like the Joker has visited.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

The new Deathstroke and Batman Beyond are available to pre-order in a lot of places already.

Deathstroke looks good, Batman Beyond is a bit clunky in several areas, but both look nice.

Comment

• Chippupperty
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 5, 2004

Yessss...Neal Adams Batman!!!

Comment

• Chippupperty
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 5, 2004

Originally posted by Chippupperty
                  Yessss...Neal Adams Batman!!!
                  ...was responding to a post..I don’t know how this works

Comment

• thatblockoguy
                    • Mar 24, 2010

I’ve been watching some video reviews on the Batman and Robin figures. At least one review of each one featured a wrist snap off while the articulation was being demonstrated. Is this a common issue or was it just two cases of bad luck ?

Comment

• Mego Batman
                      • Dec 10, 2021

Originally posted by thatblockoguy
                      I’ve been watching some video reviews on the Batman and Robin figures. At least one review of each one featured a wrist snap off while the articulation was being demonstrated. Is this a common issue or was it just two cases of bad luck ?
                      I own the latest 8 inch Mego Batman, and its wrists are still fine after many months. But that's just my experience. Others may have had different experiences.

Comment

• Mejo
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jun 30, 2022

I recently bought the new Robin figure to go with the old 9" Batman and Superman figures I got years ago (Target exclusive by Hasbro, I think it was), and he looks like the kid Robin next to them LOL, but today I broke down and ordered the new Batman, Joker, Riddler, and Penguin figures as they are a really good price on Amazon. The classic Mego look is legendary and etched in my child's mind forever, but I really like the new figures and face sculpts of the Batman line (though I'd prefer a blue caped Batman with the yellow circle logo). I'm just so happy that Mego is back and I want to help support the company so it continues to put out more merchandise!

Comment

• Mejo
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jun 30, 2022

Got my trio of Bat-Villains delivered today! They look good!

As far as other DC characters I'd like to see, new or redone:

The New Teen Titans (to go along with the new older-looking Robin): Starfire, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Changeling, Cyborg, and Raven

The Marvel Family: Captain Marvel (a new version, with a face and costume more like the 14"), Captain Marvel Jr., Mary Marvel, Uncle Dudley, Mr. Tawny, and Dr. Sivana

and (this is the biggie)

The Legion of Super-Heroes: Ever since I was a kid I dreamed of Mego putting out every Legionnaire in both their Silver Age costumes (Curt Swan style) and their Bronze Age costumes (Dave Cockrum/Mike Grell style). And, yes, I knew perfectly well that would be a figure collection in excess of 60-odd figures (far more if you include the Substitute Heroes, Reservists, and various villains and villain teams, like the Fatal Five), but I would have gladly given all my allowance and future allowances to achieve such a dream! LOL

Today, I'm more realistic, and if even just a handful of members were represented--like Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Chameleon Boy, Ultra Boy, Phantom Girl, and Brainiac 5--I'd be happy.

But I'd still buy them all!

Comment

• Mejo
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jun 30, 2022

Originally posted by Mego Batman
                            I own the latest 8 inch Mego Batman, and its wrists are still fine after many months. But that's just my experience. Others may have had different experiences.
                            My new Robin figure had extremely tight wrists but I just took it slow and careful and gradually loosened them up. I supposed if one were to just crank it hard and fast, the wrists might crack. You just have to be careful that's all.

Comment

• Mejo
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jun 30, 2022

Got the Batman figure today and it's definitely the least good of the Bat-line, which is weird since it is Batman.

Again, I'd rather it was the classic Silver/Bronze Age look, with the blue cape and yellow circled insignia, but that aside the biggest problem with the figure is that the costume is too tight. No, he doesn't have a bat-wedgie, but if you try to pose his legs, there's no give and already there's a hole in the crotch. He's not so much wearing trunks as the pants come to a V point at the front. It's a poor design choice, unfortunately, but I look forward to a better figure later.

Comment

• Mejo
                                Museum Patron
                                • Jun 30, 2022

After the majority of the Silver Age/Bronze Age DC heroes are done, it would be nice to see some Golden Age figures like the original Flash and Green Lantern, Dr. Fate, Plastic Man and Woozy Winks, Phantom Lady, Firebrand, Doll Man, Human Bomb, Spider Widow and Raven, Kid Eternity and Mr. Keeper, and Bulletman and Bulletgirl.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎