• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Kenner IG-88 and Dengar are back!!

dengar-ig88-retro-collection-star-wars.jpg

The original Dengar is still affordable but IG-88 is pricey loose complete.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

i saw this yesterday. pretty neat. i didn't know the original Ig88 had gone up in value

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      i saw this yesterday. pretty neat. i didn't know the original Ig88 had gone up in value
      I bet he's $35 now. I paid $40 for a lot of him, dengar and Bossk.
      Last edited by Mr.Marion; Feb 24, '22, 9:38 PM.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Eh, IG-88 is still cheap. Complete is a little harder, but there are plenty of repro guns out there that make him complete. He was also essentially re-released a couple of times.

Still I guess if you're looking for a complete carded repro, it's a nice set.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by ODBJBG
          Eh, IG-88 is still cheap. Complete is a little harder, but there are plenty of repro guns out there that make him complete. He was also essentially re-released a couple of times.

Still I guess if you're looking for a complete carded repro, it's a nice set.
          I think the blue blaster is htf. Only IG, imperial commander, and Droids Boba Fett came with one.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
            I think the blue blaster is htf. Only IG, imperial commander, and Droids Boba Fett came with one.
            Yeah the guns are the rare things these days, but there are such good repros out there, probably better than the ones Hasbro will end up doing.

Not that I get too bent out of shape either way mind you. Anything that gets these into the hands of collectors is a good thing IMO.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
              Yeah the guns are the rare things these days, but there are such good repros out there, probably better than the ones Hasbro will end up doing.

Not that I get too bent out of shape either way mind you. Anything that gets these into the hands of collectors is a good thing IMO.
              I agree. Hasbro would probably make more money if they simply reissued the entire vintage Kenner line rather than make new toys. The vintage prices have gone completely insane and beyond the reach of most, if not nearly all collectors.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by enyawd72
                I agree. Hasbro would probably make more money if they simply reissued the entire vintage Kenner line rather than make new toys. The vintage prices have gone completely insane and beyond the reach of most, if not nearly all collectors.
                Yeah the vintage prices are crazy right now. I got most of the loose figures I wanted. I'm not done looking yet I'll find Admiral Ackbar and 2-1b eventually. Jedi Luke might coat a pretty penny.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎