Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ambushbug31
    • Jan 20, 2022

Spiderman head remove-zit question

After searching the boards, it looks like allot of folks have successfully removed ink/marker stains on heads with remove-zit.
    I am working on cleaning up my childhood megos and my Spiderman head has some marker stains on it (from me as an 8-year old attempting to poorly customize, I also added a mustache to my Scotty after seeing ST:TMP), would remove-zit fade or otherwise damage the red vinyl on Spidey?
    any other recommendations to fix up?
    Thank you!
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I don't know the answer to your question, but those little acts of vandalism are what make them *your* Megos. I say you embrace and celebrate your 8-year old self's work, rather than trying to remove it.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

I have used peroxide cream stuff to take colors off of heads, like the blue marks from Bruce Wayne heads, and have also pulled sharpie or magic marker off of other vinyl heads, but not a colored head like SpiderMan. Pretty sure you could get Scotty cleaned up, but not so sure about the Spidey head.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I tried Remove-Zit on a vintage Batman cowl with poor results--discoloring.

But discount peroxide cream has worked well for me on fleshtone heads.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

I have only ever used peroxide cream from my groceries pharmacy. I am pretty sure that is what removezit is. I have brought faded Torch heads back to vibrancy with some rit dye. That might help a spider head if it was discolored from peroxide cream. However, I would probably experiment in a junk head before testing on one of my childhood survivors.

Comment

• Ambushbug31
            • Jan 20, 2022

Thanks for the help!
            Sounds like I should just stick with my “customized” look for Spidey.
            Maybe Mego will pick up the Marvel license someday and produce a new Spidey to supplement my vintage collection.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

vintage spidey is not too much of a hit on the wallet if you are not looking for circle suits or other oddities. eMCe also put out a boxed set with a modern take on Spidey, along with a Peter parker head and a repro vintage spiderman in a repro box. With a couple of spare bodies, you get three spidey related figures with that set, and I think you can still find them for fairly reasonable prices.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎