X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

When Lawyers Attack Customers

Some toy reviewers have been banned from social media because Mattel is mad at them for posting images of toys that were not officially available in the U.S. yet. Imagine…

Fun little article and video of Mattel trying to drive off collectors and fans.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I saw that. Mattel has since rescinded those strikes and made peace with the Dino guy. Probably a young lawyer for the company taking action without much forward thinking.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
      I saw that. Mattel has since rescinded those strikes and made peace with the Dino guy. Probably a young lawyer for the company taking action without much forward thinking.
      Not quite the end though...turns out a Mattel lawyer watched and commented on RetroBlasting's video calling Mattel out. He of course attempted to defend Mattel. Pretty creepy that Mattel has their lawyers stalking people who make toy videos.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
        Not quite the end though...turns out a Mattel lawyer watched and commented on RetroBlasting's video calling Mattel out. He of course attempted to defend Mattel. Pretty creepy that Mattel has their lawyers stalking people who make toy videos.
        Thats ridiculous. Appreciate the update. Mattel needs to reel in their legal team. Not good for the bottom line.

Comment

• publiusr
          Museum Super Collector
          • Aug 23, 2015

What made me mad was a doco where some lame toy exec was making on the fly decisions about what toys would sell.
          He discarded everything I thought was cool.

Comment

• publiusr
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 23, 2015

Hopefully this will fly under the C&D radar:
            Jim Interviews Joseph Dickerson, an amazing creator of playsets and vehicles we never got to have in childhood!Check out Joe's wares here: https://www.ebay.c...

Fast forward to the end to see a Rebel Blockade Runner made for Kenner figures

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎