Thread: When Lawyers Attack Customers

Images

When Lawyers Attack Customers

https://boingboing.net/2022/02/17/ma...agram.html/amp
    Fun little article and video of Mattel trying to drive off collectors and fans.

Images
    I saw that. Mattel has since rescinded those strikes and made peace with the Dino guy. Probably a young lawyer for the company taking action without much forward thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by MIB41 View Post
    I saw that. Mattel has since rescinded those strikes and made peace with the Dino guy. Probably a young lawyer for the company taking action without much forward thinking.
    Not quite the end though...turns out a Mattel lawyer watched and commented on RetroBlasting's video calling Mattel out. He of course attempted to defend Mattel. Pretty creepy that Mattel has their lawyers stalking people who make toy videos.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    Not quite the end though...turns out a Mattel lawyer watched and commented on RetroBlasting's video calling Mattel out. He of course attempted to defend Mattel. Pretty creepy that Mattel has their lawyers stalking people who make toy videos.
    Thats ridiculous. Appreciate the update. Mattel needs to reel in their legal team. Not good for the bottom line.

What made me mad was a doco where some lame toy exec was making on the fly decisions about what toys would sell.
    He discarded everything I thought was cool.

Hopefully this will fly under the C&D radar:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-NE3MH...ature=emb_logo

Fast forward to the end to see a Rebel Blockade Runner made for Kenner figures