X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToyBob
    Museum Patron
    • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by pmwasson
    Snake Eyes has an all black body, which is cool.
    That is pretty neat the all black. I would like to see Mego be more thorough with plastic diversity and consistency in the vein of Lego and their standard colors. Like the new Green body females have been pretty inconsistent not just in hue shade contrast but also in how they are made green Eg. Bride 100% paint is not a good practice ijs.

14" Batgirl having all yellow arms, not sure what that was about other than spare yellow material laying around maybe. I like glove hand colors which seems like an easy enough part to start making more of in non skin colors.
    I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by pmwasson
      Snake Eyes has an all black body, which is cool.
      If you pop his head off, the inside of his neck is flesh color. It isn't painted, it has a separate piece of flesh colored plastic for the inside of the neck.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Comment

• nubee
            Career Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            I love the better articulations on the new body, but the size difference is not good at all. We need some size difference. I think it's great for Ghost Busters but I like my heroes to be bigger. My Captain Marvel and Black Adam are going to be small compared to the rest.
            ugh_y:

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Cool body but doesn’t scream “Mego” to me. I’m old school. I wish the torso shape was at least the same.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                Cool body but doesn’t scream “Mego” to me. I’m old school. I wish the torso shape was at least the same.
                Yes, I feel the same way. I can see a nice Robin or Wolverine on this body, but my customs have usually used a vintage or comparable Emce/CTVT body.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  what the? He's a little short to be a stormtrooper....
                  In my 3d engineering endeavors, I developed a method of installing my 3d designed, and printed resin heads to fit this type of post without any modifications. However, it was on the band body version....this rounded version, being shorter, is still doable, but screws my idea because the scale of the head will need to be smaller or it will look goofy. I could be wrong....but I have seen a ton of improperly scaled custom heads...this body is going to give customizers limits...and I won't offer my heads in two different scales.

Comment

• nubee
                    Career Member
                    • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by noelani72
                    what the? He's a little short to be a stormtrooper....
                    In my 3d engineering endeavors, I developed a method of installing my 3d designed, and printed resin heads to fit this type of post without any modifications. However, it was on the band body version....this rounded version, being shorter, is still doable, but screws my idea because the scale of the head will need to be smaller or it will look goofy. I could be wrong....but I have seen a ton of improperly scaled custom heads...this body is going to give customizers limits...and I won't offer my heads in two different scales.
                    I am so upset due to the size difference I didn't even notice the different neck post. I wonder why Mego decided to do this. It appears to definitely make it impossible to use the type S body. Screw the old time collectors and customizers?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by nubee
                      I am so upset due to the size difference I didn't even notice the different neck post. I wonder why Mego decided to do this. It appears to definitely make it impossible to use the type S body. Screw the old time collectors and customizers?
                      The neck post has likely changed because Mego is also changing the material for the heads. Instead of the roto vinyl they have been using, the heads are now going to be injection molded. Injection molded allows for crisper detail and hopefully less warping.
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        my customs have usually used a vintage or comparable Emce/CTVT body.
                        I thought that the CTVT bodies were a little shorter than an original Mego T-2 body?

I thought this new Mego body would be about the same height as a CTVT body based on side by sides I've seen posted?

Comment

• KnightDetective
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                          Instead of the roto vinyl they have been using, the heads are now going to be injection molded. Injection molded allows for crisper detail and hopefully less warping.
                          Less warping sounds good. I wonder if there is a material or additive that would allow for a matte, vinyl-like appearance.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by apes3978
                            I thought that the CTVT bodies were a little shorter than an original Mego T-2 body?

I thought this new Mego body would be about the same height as a CTVT body based on side by sides I've seen posted?
                            A China-made CTVT body is about 1/8" shorter than a vintage body, and an Emce body is just slightly taller than vintage.

To my eye, the new Mego body looks shorter than CTVT.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 18, 2006

The height difference in the bodies is not that noticeable when they are clothed and posed mixed in with vintage megos, but the slightly larger heads make older Megos look taller as well. The heads on Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow look more properly scaled than most other mego heads that we are used to.

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                A China-made CTVT body is about 1/8" shorter than a vintage body, and an Emce body is just slightly taller than vintage.

To my eye, the new Mego body looks shorter than CTVT.
                                As Spyweb007 said, the GI Joe figures display nicely with other Mego figures. I did a quick test. I did not strip down my Storm Shadow or take off the head, but the body is virtually the same size as the India-made CTVT body.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎