Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I too will withhold judgement until I have one in hand. But I will say, I'm happy about the bigger biceps & shoulders.
    sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

If these do end up being shorter and they correct the bodies in later waves, I'll buy a bunch of the "shorties" for customs! I really wish Mego would make different body types for different characters.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^Good idea, Robin & Wolverine etc.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          ^Good idea, Robin & Wolverine etc.
          Tom Cruise

Comment

• Riderfan
            Megos are cool
            • Feb 14, 2012

Sorry to rehash a complaint about the Topps deal but because of the ridiculous shipping to Canada I only bought Worf, and because of these undersized bodies I kinda glad that's all I bought

But thanks to Amazon Canada (and prime shipping lol) I've acquired on the cheap a couple extra Kangs & Rikers so my Worf will be on an 8" body and have a belt & phaser

So hey sometimes life does work out

In a somewhat related story my Zolo's order arrived today and must say I'm really diggin' LaForge, Invisible Man & non cadaver McCoy.

K
            I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• Krypt0nite
              Radioactive!
              • Feb 13, 2010

Riderfan,

Quick question about non-cadaver McCoy: is his head painted or molded in the corrected color?

Comment

• Riderfan
                Megos are cool
                • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                Riderfan,

Quick question about non-cadaver McCoy: is his head painted or molded in the corrected color?
                Its molded in the proper color.
                I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

Hmmm....looks like it has the same undersized torso as the 14" Kirk I got. Looking at Black Adam in package, I'd say that did go into production as shown. And Kor is standing fully straight in the package, no bent knees, and he's definitely falling short of where his head is supposed to go. The legs in the pic of the body seem about on par with the old ones, as the waist is just a tiny bit below the original's, but not by much. The torso is simply too small for the rest of the figure; I think that's where the problem lies. Increase the chest size just a little, and I think it would be fine.

Comment

• ToyBob
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 21, 2022

So I can get a new body now, was looking at POTA Brent pictures at EE and it looks like the new body? I realize they have an 8" standard to match but I kind of hope they'll keep making shorter or even 9" to get some basic character height contrast.

I too would like to compliment the new shoulders, the original always seemed to slope downwards too severely. Nice to see a little more deltoid mass too, always odd to me to have a big bicep but then smaller above that.

Yeah I guess the butt could use some more projection, I thought my butt was flat but it looks full compared to Mego figures. Although it is best to not make the crack too defined, bought an Yvonne female body and that seems too deep Ie. anatomically incorrect.

I wish the kneecap detail was on the calf part rather than on the thigh though, the kneecap naturally passes under the femur when the leg bends ijs.

I'm crossing my fingers for some torso shell back screws if the end goal is indeed bandless bodies, be a lot easier to customize with full access.

The degree of increased articulation looks good, I'm guessing it can swivel at the knee & elbow by way of pegs there? I know it breaks with tradition but isn't it time to adopt a neck ball socket, just thinking it's quite stiff there compared to everywhere else with this new body?
                    I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

I'm not sure customizers will be too happy with the new body. Are the heads even removable?

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        I'm not sure customizers will be too happy with the new body. Are the heads even removable?
                        I'm sure you can remove it. Getting it back on a different body... that may be an issue...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
                          I'm sure you can remove it. Getting it back on a different body... that may be an issue...
                          The heads do pop off pretty easy. They would also be pretty easy to add to an older body, with a little alteration to the neck post to make it smaller.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                            Career Member
                            • Jan 19, 2019

It just looks shorter...

I do love the new shoulders.
                            Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

Snake Eyes has an all black body, which is cool.
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ToyBob
                                Museum Patron
                                • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                                The heads do pop off pretty easy. They would also be pretty easy to add to an older body, with a little alteration to the neck post to make it smaller.
                                Been thinking about the neck lately. I'm thinking the original basic Mego hole is probably the best of both worlds since it can take original heads but also wouldn't prevent new types of heads like ones with a barbell articulation if anyone tried that.
                                I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎