X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
    I'm withholding judgement on the scale until I have them. The perspective and placement in the bubbles are not consistent enough for me to feel confident in any particular conclusion.
    Someone just pointed me to two pics I hadn't seen before and....well......um......yeah. But let's focus on the positive - I love the consistency that DC dictates for the card design!

Seriously though, the body Brian received last year was an early sample from Mego. Even he does not know if it is the final product. Mego says they're a'tweakin'
    Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Feb 15, '22, 9:23 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      Someone just pointed me to two pics I hadn't seen before and....well......um......yeah. But let's focus on the positive - I love the consistency that DC dictates for the card design!

Seriously though, the body Brian received last year was an early sample from Mego. Even he does not know if it is the final product. Mego says they're a'tweakin'
      Exactly! Mego has said this first batch isn’t going to be right (I mean, I’m paraphrasing of course) but that the body is being revised so future releases should have better proportions.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

"It's all about the base"

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        This may come across to gay but I always hated the male Mego butt, the outfits did not fit right on them because it was flat. I forget what ReMego company actually had a defined butt that filled out the outfit. So it seems that the New Mego is actually trying to fix this.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          This may come across to gay but I always hated the male Mego butt, the outfits did not fit right on them because it was flat. I forget what ReMego company actually had a defined butt that filled out the outfit. So it seems that the New Mego is actually trying to fix this.
          I'm particularly happy that they have my ex-wife's calves. We were too young to fall in love.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              As Mego has said, they’re still tweaking the body, so I wouldn’t consider the above final.
              They may be tweaking the body, but the Topps figures are already made, so they don't have whatever improvement that they are working on now.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                Agreed about the lack of butt. Hell I made a whole *** thread lamenting the fact.
                Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• KnightDetective
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 31, 2012

Just throwing this out there, but as long as the tooling is already done, I wonder if this version might still see use for "civilians" and / or maybe teens. Been hoping for a modern T-1 type torso for a long time. Not every character is built like a superhero! Any pics with a good view of the front?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

They may be tweaking the body, but the Topps figures are already made, so they don't have whatever improvement that they are working on now.
                    Yes, of course. They’ve said as much. But they’re also saying the new body isn’t one and done and everything from here on out, like Ghostbusters, won’t be out of scale.

Art isn’t ever finished but it’s always due.
                    Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Feb 16, '22, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 14, 2008

Anything about the new female bodies?
                      JediJaida

Comment

• nubee
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 15, 2010

...I think this is horrible. Captain Marvel and Black Adam should not be smaller than the other Megos. :(

I certainly hope the updated body will include a thigh cut articulation. The one shown is too outdated. (Too akin to the Famous Cover and Hasbro 9 inch body.)

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by nubee
                          ...I think this is horrible. Captain Marvel and Black Adam should not be smaller than the other Megos. :(

I certainly hope the updated body will include a thigh cut articulation. The one shown is too outdated. (Too akin to the Famous Cover and Hasbro 9 inch body.)
                          Pretty sure the knee will pivot to the left and right.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

I love the new body and okay with the height. Makes it durable for kids to play and hoping to see a female body as well so that my daughter has more selections of female characters that can take the abuse of normal wear and tear. Great work Mego team.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                              Permanent Member
                              • May 15, 2009

I appreciate that they're getting stuff out there, but I don't think it's great for products like this to have too many "growing pains" released. Some brands can get away with that because they're powerful and well established, but Mego has to thread the needle a bit because if they sell stuff that is "outdated" by their own standard or quickly replaced with something better, it could cause issues. If stuff doesn't fit in with your established collection, many will abstain from one or the other.

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

I think it’s already been said, but you can at least transfer Robin to the smaller body, so it’s not a total waste.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎