• Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

looks like maybe 1/4 inch shorter

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

As Mego has said, they’re still tweaking the body, so I wouldn’t consider the above final.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Reminds me of the old LJN bodies.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Teeny waisted, isn't it? I kind of like it.
          JediJaida

Comment

• justzeg18
            Career Member
            • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            As Mego has said, they’re still tweaking the body, so I wouldn’t consider the above final.
            It’s cool that they’re still tweaking them until they get them just how they want them, I know they don’t want to put out product that doesn’t land.

In the mean time I guess we figured out the Topps exclusive aspect of these releases, their size.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

That was also a factory sampling done back in September. Allot can change in a very short span of time before the mass production button is hit. I'm excited to see the final product when it comes out.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MIB41
                That was also a factory sampling done back in September. Allot can change in a very short span of time before the mass production button is hit. I'm excited to see the final product when it comes out.
                You have seen the shrimpy carded Captain Marvel right?
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  You have seen the shrimpy carded Captain Marvel right?
                  Personally I think that conclusion is being drawn from the insert tray he's in, because Brent (and others) are in a more form fitting tray which makes a difference in how they fill that space. Plus both of Shazam's knees are bent in that shot. Again, its a photo. Let people who ordered him, get them in hand and then you'll have better context.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                    Radioactive!
                    • Feb 13, 2010

If Topps Black Adam is as short as he seems to be, then he and Robin might switch bodies.

My guess from eyeballing it is that the new bodies will be about the same height as the Trek bodies with the sculpted boots. That is, the finished and dressed figures will come in around that height as the Trek figures.
                    Last edited by Krypt0nite; Feb 15, '22, 7:54 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Personally I think that conclusion is being drawn from the insert tray he's in, because Brent (and others) are in a more form fitting tray which makes a difference in how they fill that space. Plus both of Shazam's knees are bent in that shot. Again, its a photo. Let people who ordered him, get them in hand and then you'll have better context.
                      Nahh there's something going on with the figures Irregardless of the trays, there's a lot of head room in the bubble too.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Nahh there's something going on with the figures Irregardless of the trays, there's a lot of head room in the bubble too.
                        Do you feel that appearance is equal on all of the figures pictured?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Do you feel that appearance is equal on all of the figures pictured?
                          I'm looking at Black Adam and Cap in particular there's a ton of space in the outer bubble. then look at all the figures on the old body. they fill up the outer bubble.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

I'm looking at Black Adam and Cap in particular there's a ton of space in the outer bubble. then look at all the figures on the old body. they fill up the outer bubble.
                            I did notice with the new body it had a tighter sculpt in terms of being more sleek and defined against the bulkier old model. Perhaps between that and the tailoring to accommodate that new body plays how they read differently in the package? But I would think side by side they will still compliment one another. NECA retro figures are also different than current Megos, yet they stand side by side very well. I'm confident these will play very much in the same way.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

I'm withholding judgement on the scale until I have them. The perspective and placement in the bubbles are not consistent enough for me to feel confident in any particular conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎