Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers trailer is super weird.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers trailer is super weird.

Not how I expected them to bring Rescue Rangers back. It's weird Roger Rabbit take.

Not sure how I feel about it. Don't really dig it or hate it. I also find their new human sounding voices really off putting. Plus, where the heck is Gadget?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

Definitely not what I expected, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I'm thinking pass...
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I think it actually looks pretty fun, but my nostalgia for those shows is more in passing than in actual passion. I watched them, they were fun, but I was already past the demographic so they don't mean as much to me as slightly younger folks.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

It's a shame that RR which had so much heart, wit and charm couldn't just be rebooted or restarted as is. I mean, the new DuckTales proved it was possible to do something different but in spirit. RR was ripe for that.

I'm sure this will be funny and good. It looks like it's going for one of those pop culture vibe movies like Ryan Reynolds tends to do...

But it won't be Rescue Rangers. Feels like any property could have been used here because it's more about poking fun at cartoons and kids shows, than you know, playing with the tropes of them being pint size animals who help solve big people mysteries.

I'll check it out, but I am a bit disappointed for sure. And ZERO attempt to have Chip and Dale sound like, you know, how Chip and Dale have sounded for decades?!

Would they do that to Mickey Mouse?

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ODBJBG
            And ZERO attempt to have Chip and Dale sound like, you know, how Chip and Dale have sounded for decades?!

Would they do that to Mickey Mouse?
            I think it's the voices that bother me the most. It's really jarring.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

He-Man and Skeletor have a cameo in the movie signing autographs at a convention. Alan Oppenheimer is voicing Skeletor and He-Man.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Haven't watched it yet but heard there are a ton of Easter Eggs in it.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I watched it over the weekend with the kids. We all enjoyed it. All of the questions you raised (where's Gadget? why are their voices different? etc.) are all addressed in a pretty satisfying way.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I got to watch about 20 minutes of it, and the premise was solid and fun. Some very surprising cameos I spotted so far! As my son put it "It's like a modern Roger Rabbit".
                    sigpic

Comment

• msenger76
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 3, 2009

I was never a fan of RR, but i watched it and mostly enjoyed it. but i had zero hopes or expectations. The voices did throw it off a bit, my wife passed through the room and said "who is that voice. thats annoying"

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎