X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by ToyBob
    Now you got me looking at Remco Karate Kid toys. Got to get some Miyagi figures, really want that NECA one.

Yeah do need some more hands, got a body recently with Open and Fist but can't always find Pole Grip or Trigger hands. They are a pretty small part to make, here's hoping Mego makes more hand types in the future. Along with Chop hands perhaps another Fonzie thumbs up and the Peace sign like Anime figures often have.
    The Fonz thumbs up hands are available on the CTVT site. Recently upgraded my official NuMego Fonz as I wasn't satisfied with the official release as it came out.

So I gave him the thumbs, and a different jacket along with their biker style boots.

I swear one of these days I'm gonna finally take pictures of my customs and post them here.
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

Back in the day, when I was restoring Vintage Mego's and needed vintage parts. I was hitting Ebay hard for WOZ and Walton's.
      With the new batch of Mego's, Around here Richie Cunningham has been a plentiful stock. I found almost a dozen locally at discount
      and close-out stores.
      Any ya, like mention by the originator of this post. A box full of the same heads that I'm struggling to find a use for :D
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• ToyBob
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
        The Fonz thumbs up hands are available on the CTVT site. Recently upgraded my official NuMego Fonz as I wasn't satisfied with the official release as it came out.

So I gave him the thumbs, and a different jacket along with their biker style boots.

I swear one of these days I'm gonna finally take pictures of my customs and post them here.
        https://www.classictvtoys.com/ftcsup...dbootfeet.aspx
        I missed that you could buy Fonzie hands. Didn't even find these CTVT Molded Glove hands, that's exactly what I was thinking would work better than painting hands.
        Can even have the gauntlet built right in, neat. Still weighing the validity towards differing glove and boot methods. I really liked that Gorn Lizard-Boot calf but was thinking something like a He-Man molded wrist Gauntlet-Forearm would be nice too.

Yeah you should post some pictures, I'm still deciding whether to use Postimage, Imgur, or Imgbb since it would be nice to have a face.
        I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

• ToyBob
          Museum Patron
          • Feb 21, 2022

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
          Back in the day, when I was restoring Vintage Mego's and needed vintage parts. I was hitting Ebay hard for WOZ and Walton's.
          With the new batch of Mego's, Around here Richie Cunningham has been a plentiful stock. I found almost a dozen locally at discount
          and close-out stores.
          Any ya, like mention by the originator of this post. A box full of the same heads that I'm struggling to find a use for :D
          Yeah that still seems to hold up even now, many WOZ & Walton's when looking around eBay for parts. Been trying to get some Mego part lots but I'm broke for a while after buying a bunch of 8" things. Managed to get a couple 9" Denys Fisher Dr. Who figures that need a little work, I'm curious about height contrast options in Mego figures Ie. some characters are just taller and shorter than average.

Don't have much luck getting any clearance deals, don't live in a big enough retail sector for that, can't even get Mego off the shelf at my Walmart. Found some at a Toys'R'Us since Canada still has stores but that's regular price. Managed to get a $4 Aragorn on Amazon which had a pretty bent card. eBay seems to be where I can find some cannibal stock, probably from people like yourself getting clearance stock.

Do heads ever get used again after, kind of seem to pile up in many cases? Love the more unique heads but I'm thinking that might hinder reuse, for example what else would a Norm head be good for except maybe some House(1986) film figures? Here's hoping for a GAH Mego in the future since I could use a William Kat head for that.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
            Career Member
            • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by ToyBob
            Yeah that still seems to hold up even now, many WOZ & Walton's when looking around eBay for parts. Been trying to get some Mego part lots but I'm broke for a while after buying a bunch of 8" things. Managed to get a couple 9" Denys Fisher Dr. Who figures that need a little work, I'm curious about height contrast options in Mego figures Ie. some characters are just taller and shorter than average.

Don't have much luck getting any clearance deals, don't live in a big enough retail sector for that, can't even get Mego off the shelf at my Walmart. Found some at a Toys'R'Us since Canada still has stores but that's regular price. Managed to get a $4 Aragorn on Amazon which had a pretty bent card. eBay seems to be where I can find some cannibal stock, probably from people like yourself getting clearance stock.

Do heads ever get used again after, kind of seem to pile up in many cases? Love the more unique heads but I'm thinking that might hinder reuse, for example what else would a Norm head be good for except maybe some House(1986) film figures? Here's hoping for a GAH Mego in the future since I could use a William Kat head for that.
            The heads issue is kind of a bummer. Got a bunch of Woody heads piling up. I chose him since he came with a beer mug.
            Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• ToyBob
              Museum Patron
              • Feb 21, 2022

The heads issue is kind of a bummer. Got a bunch of Woody heads piling up. I chose him since he came with a beer mug.
              Woody does seem to pile up for many people. Had an idea for Nu Mego where maybe the hairdo could swap like a Lego minifigure, came up when I was looking at vintage hairstyles on Mego heads. Even the real Woody does this lately.

Yeah I think that is an issue too for customizing, the accessories. I was just at a Walmart and I forget the doll name but you could just buy a pack of accessories for her, would love to buy a set of Mego props from the company ijs.

Comment

• bobws
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 13, 2008

I'd buy a head off you if you are interested?
                "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• bobws
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 13, 2008

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
                  and close-out stores.
                  I'd buy a couple richie heads off you if you are interested?
                  "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Mego Monster
                    • Aug 26, 2020

Well obviously it's the least popular characters. For me, when Mego first made it's comeback, it was Action Jackson. There were plenty of them on the rack back in the day. The face is nice and generic looking and the jumpsuit works great for Michael Myers.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Some heads may seem hard to use, but sometimes all it takes is tweaking the hairstyle with a little apoxy sculpt and a toothpick and maybe an emery board to smooth some things out. You really don't have to have spectacular sculpting skills (I don't; tried sculpting a human head from scratch once and it ended up looking like it should be saying, "The only good human is a dead human") to get decent results. Mego hair isn't crazy detailed; it's pretty simple and straightforward. It's really the face that's the big thing, the rest can be changed with a little bit of resources and a lot of patience. You don't even need great painting skills, just keeping things close enough to the line to get away with it. Heck, I can't paint even eyebrows for the life of me, so I cut them out of Contact adhesive and glue 'em on. You'd be surprised what you can eventually find useable.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎