X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KingKickass1983
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2019

Who do you cannibalize most?

So, when making customs...whether transferring cctv heads to official Mego bodies... or just making customs...

Who do you guy find you cannibalize the most?

I just bought 4 Woodys at $7.50 each specifically for extra bodies.

The unfortunate thing is now I have a bunch of Woody Harrelson heads..LOL
    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I have tote full of dozens of Chachis that I will delight in beheading and repurposing.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

For some years it was vintage Cornelius/Zaius figures… just went through a run where they were super cheap and plentiful in odd lots.

As time went on, those customs migrated to other/contemporary options or were disassembled as a standing parts reserve.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Confessional
        For some years it was vintage Cornelius/Zaius figures… just went through a run where they were super cheap and plentiful in odd lots.

As time went on, those customs migrated to other/contemporary options or were disassembled as a standing parts reserve.
        If we're talking vintage, many WoOz and Duke boys died for my customizing sins

Comment

• KingKickass1983
          Career Member
          • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
          I have tote full of dozens of Chachis that I will delight in beheading and repurposing.
          LOL, the whole Happy Days trio gave their lives for customs here too. I just prefer Woody now since he at least comes with a mug of beer. As opposed to the multicolored sundaes.
          Wanted:

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I like to do customs with as many vintage parts (accessories/bodies) as possible and have used all sorts. Like many here, Oz/Dukes/WOz are fodder--who hasn't used yellow Scarecrow hands?

I've used the Galahad/Scarlet head for several customs, it's perfectly generic IMO but still has character.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
              Career Member
              • Jul 23, 2019

I wish I had one of those Woody Harrelson figures. He has so far eluded my collection.
              "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I think the one I've reused the most is the Mattel Cheetah for the body. on all the 66 ladies and Harley.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
                  I wish I had one of those Woody Harrelson figures. He has so far eluded my collection.
                  I found a bunch on ebay for $8
                  Wanted:

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

So far (as far as new Megos), it’s been these two fellas...
                    7BE6259D-6204-4E60-8D61-5ED60DD9B5DC.jpg
                    90620CEF-61C9-4EA0-86BD-DA280AC5911A.jpg
                    They’ve gotten the most use in my customs (probably the Mego Charmed Piper figure/head too).

Dana
                    Last edited by danadoll; Feb 5, '22, 2:53 PM.
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      I think the one I've reused the most is the Mattel Cheetah for the body. on all the 66 ladies and Harley.
                      That's a good call. I have used a bunch of them too. It is a really nice female body and I even like the boots-- despite them being chunky-- because they are very stable for standing.

But I have a whole pile of animal print jumpsuits...

Comment

• danadoll
                        Micronaut Nut!
                        • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
                        There are several of him on evilbay, for cheap too.

Dana
                        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by sprytel
                          That's a good call. I have used a bunch of them too. It is a really nice female body and I even like the boots-- despite them being chunky-- because they are very stable for standing.

Josie and the Pussycats!!!
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 3, 2012

It must vary by region of the USA.

James Murray is still my #1 go to for body parts, customizing henchmen, soldiers, and one off sundry characters.
                            # 2 behind that is Locutus ( currently on clearance for $7 here) followed by 2018 AJ, which I picked up hundreds of
                            when target blew them all out for $3.88.

I also picked up on the guy who found the Joe Namath's for $1 in CA. bought a bunch of those cheap.
                            Also pickup cheap Maj. Nelson and Jeannie two packs when offered on eBay.

Vintage: Duke Boys, LJN SWAT & EMERGENCY, DinahMites and ST Gorns ( brown body)
                            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel

I'd be happy to trade parts for a couple of those jumpsuits.
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎