Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't Star Wars collectors buy Lando?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

I believe in the original Kenner line General Lando is one of the trickiest of the hero figures to get hold of.

Comment

• Boris71
      GeekBot' For Life
      • May 13, 2007

I think a lot of the problem is "hero" characters get over packed and there is only so many ways to do a guy in a shirt trousers and cape differently, with so many reissues of the same stuff by hasbro, you are going to get plainer looking figures left over, I think it's the same with stalker from GI-Joe he is a guy in cammos who was in and out of the old comics a lot, and after the first year kind of fell to the wayside for characters that had cooler looking outfits, in the UK in the original Action force run snake eyes was included in the SAS Force with the panther jeep(vamp repainted) and was named stalker
      https://www.yojoe.com/action/int/eurostalker.shtml

Only later was stalker released as he was in the US when we went over to the Joe figures branded as Action Force.
      Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Eternals is truly baffling. Hasbro rarely puts out EVERY character from a Marvel movie in one wave like this, and they do so with a totally untested property like Eternals. Imagine if they'd saved that plastic for more figures of characters that were actually already known to be in Spider-Man: No Way Home, like Green Goblin, Dock Ock and Electro? They wouldn't be warming pegs!
        I thought the same thing myself Chris. Is it any wonder they're on endcaps at discounted prices? That's a complete head shaker in my book. Now in terms of the Lando figure, it could just be timing of the stock. I buy my grandson the MOTU origins figures. But many of the new characters he wanted, I had to get online back in late October and early November because they were no where to be found in stores. Only NOW are they stocking those characters and they're warming pegs because that demand (which would have typically bought up that stock) went elsewhere to get it a month or two earlier. I think the port situation really bit retailers during the holidays. So Lando might have been one of those must-have figures in the series that online vendors got first before the brick and mortar stores got theirs in.

Comment

• Chris
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 23, 2009

Saw that wonderful Lando peg warmer at Target and picked him right up.
          My favorite peg warmer was Rey. My Target was looted during the pandemic and SHE was still on the pegs. HAHAHAHAHA.
          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I think that the Black Series Constable Xuvio (or whatever his name was), the character cut from The Force Awakens has to be one of the biggest pegwarmers of the last decade or so.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎