X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Happy New Fear Contest #2: Black and White Creature

Contest Time: Thanks to sponsorship from @Mego Corp We have this Wal-Mart exclusive figure of the black and white Creature in its "Happy New Fear" window box. Details for the contest are on the YouTube community page of our channel.
    This channel is the hub for two websites- The Megomuseum (megomuseum.com) which features the web's leading archive of toys produced by Mego Corporation. Our archive includes vintage commercials, the history of Mego reviews and "Mint Off Card" toy unboxings featuring the latest action figures by Figures Toy Company, NECA and Mego Corporation. PlaidStallions.com- The online archive devoted to 1970s culture and toys including Top Five lists, vintage toy commercials, short films about vintage toys and episodes of "Pod Stallions' the popular podcast hosted by Jason Lenzi (@bbplenzi) and PS founder Brain Heiler (@plaidstallions) Please subscribe to us, we'd subscribe to you.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I think Spock in black and white would be really cool. I grew up watching Star Trek in black and white.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      I think Spock in black and white would be really cool. I grew up watching Star Trek in black and white.
      That might be an easy custom to make, the pants are already black and you can paint the phaser black and communicators and tricorder gray, the shirt might be tough, but I’m sure ctvt has basic long sleeve gray shirts, just need a insignia sticker.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
        That might be an easy custom to make, the pants are already black and you can paint the phaser black and communicators and tricorder gray, the shirt might be tough, but I’m sure ctvt has basic long sleeve gray shirts, just need a insignia sticker.
        The head might not be fun to paint in gray. A custom wouldn't be the same as an official release. I have the pattern for the Trek shirt and have made a few, but not in gray.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          The head might not be fun to paint in gray. A custom wouldn't be the same as an official release. I have the pattern for the Trek shirt and have made a few, but not in gray.
          I wonder if there are any de-graying Spock heads on ebay? I’ve seen Spock heads on ebay some are more pale looking than others although wasn’t the de-graying issue more for the last release of mego’s like Chips and Dukes and Mr. Fantastic?

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎