Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

There will be variants of the Topps figures, but they won't be released in the exact same outfits/paint schemes/color as the Topps versions.

And I kind of think they will do all of them. The molds exist, so no tooling costs, and it's easy to create a different outfit.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I only wanted the Hammer Horror line, so I would love to see them at Walmart in the boxes down the road.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

The term “variant” has a lot of wiggle room.

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Then the whiners will be the ones that bought into the topps exclusives
          Maybe, but I haven’t seen it yet. Anyway, I’ve said from the beginning these would be made available to the public, even if it was just a change in costuming or packaging, and that seems to be all but certain now. Anyone who bought into the idea that Mego would pour a huge chunk of money into tooling just to produce 1,500 figures really didn’t think it through.

I don’t think whiners on either side of the Topps deal have a leg to stand on.

As it stands, I’ll finish by repeating that I’m happy these will be made available to the general public. Everyone deserves a shot at these fantastic figures.

Comment

• Spectator
            Museum Patron
            • Feb 4, 2019

Meanwhile, if I can hijack for a moment on a somewhat related note...

The Topps website has yet to update for me, even though it's now a couple weeks past the shipping estimate it lists for my order. Has anyone received a shipping notice for any of the Topps figures yet?

Comment

• imlaughing2death
              • Jul 20, 2020

Has Mego actually announced the Topps figures will be heading to stores or is this just showing what they'll look like? I'm curious to know if the next Wave will be comprised of these figures with little new content.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Spectator
                Meanwhile, if I can hijack for a moment on a somewhat related note...

The Topps website has yet to update for me, even though it's now a couple weeks past the shipping estimate it lists for my order. Has anyone received a shipping notice for any of the Topps figures yet?
                No. I believe someone from Mego said they were on the boats from China right now, and that he thought they should be going out sometime in March, but couldn’t guarantee it. It was in another thread, though I’m drawing a blank on which one at the moment.

EDIT: this one:
                https://youtu.be/BuFWs1ieF2I this just showed up on my youtube feed, thought folks here might be interested. Apparently Topps figures are finished and on the boat to the US. Barring complications, Joel said early to mid-March is expected arrival, but shipping docks, customs, etc. all provide possible delays to that

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Then the whiners will be the ones that bought into the topps exclusives
                  I don't think anyone whom bought the Topps exclusives will turn into whiners over the variants being released. I think we all expected that to be the fact when the figures were being announced. I just hope the variations will be in the actual figures and not in the packaging. I also hope that the variants are a global release and not just released to the UK. Too bad we aren't getting a toyfair in the states this year.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                    Best of both worlds.
                    Thanks for posting that!

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                      Best of both worlds.
                      Agreed/Excellent!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        I don't think anyone whom bought the Topps exclusives will turn into whiners over the variants being released. I think we all expected that to be the fact when the figures were being announced. I just hope the variations will be in the actual figures and not in the packaging. I also hope that the variants are a global release and not just released to the UK. Too bad we aren't getting a toyfair in the states this year.
                        That wasn't in context with my post. There will be whining if Mego turns around and releases the same figures in boxes or whatever down the road.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

That wasn't in context with my post. There will be whining if Mego turns around and releases the same figures in boxes or whatever down the road.
                          That seems like it would be a legitimate complaint, and not whining. Mego and Topps specifically said the figures would not be released as is in a future release. That would be fraudulent and go against everything they said. Seems to me like you are not quite grasping the concept. Same character is not the same as "same figure".

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

I really do not care, if they show up boxed on American shelves (at Wal-Mart) I will pick them up, if not no big loss. There were only 4 Hammer Horror figures and I am NOT going to pay ebay prices. I did customs of them awhile back that worked just fine.

We do NOT know the fine print of the deal, so all this pointing and crying about Topp's deal is just funny. Seems like the same old arguement that keeps popping up in most lines. What was exclusive could (in fine print) have a set time. It's been done before and will be done again.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                              That seems like it would be a legitimate complaint, and not whining. Mego and Topps specifically said the figures would not be released as is in a future release. That would be fraudulent and go against everything they said. Seems to me like you are not quite grasping the concept. Same character is not the same as "same figure".
                              Yes I am grasping it, same figure means same figure. A redressed figure is a variant and not the same figure. Seems like you view everything not 100 percent pro mego as whining so I am speaking in terms you grasp.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

If Mego releases a variant Shazam in red and yellow( at retail) in place of Topps red and gold, I would get both. I hope Zira, Black Adam and the rest get variants too. Topps is supposed to send out email at end of this month

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎