X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

I'd buy if for sure...
    Took some liberty's with Monsters over the years why not.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Liu Bei
      snip
      Okay believe whatever you want to believe. Not going to debate this. I posted facts, you’re caught up in fantasy and fanboy emotion. Star Wars has never been bigger than it is today. Whether they are best quality can certainly be debated, but the rest can’t because it’s fact.

As for IJ, you can’t have it both ways. You’ve read something that you can’t verify is legit and made entire judgements on a film that’s not even finished. It’s absurd.

But I’m done. Enjoy.

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by ODBJBG
        Okay believe whatever you want to believe. Not going to debate this. I posted facts, you’re caught up in fantasy and fanboy emotion.
        I’m not being emotional about it at all. I think you’re projecting. I couldn’t care less about Star Wars.

Star Wars has never been bigger than it is today. Whether they are best quality can certainly be debated, but the rest can’t because it’s fact.
        No, it isn’t a fact. You’re arguing the box office figures from a comparative standpoint, when you should be arguing from a relative standpoint, i.e. inflation and total ticket sales. Tickets in 1977 cost about $2.25, while a ticket today costs around $12, give or take.

It’s simple economics. Your basic argument is 2022 is the greatest time in American history because the annual mean wage is $56,000, while ignoring the ravages of inflation, purchasing power, and real wages (which haven’t increased in decades.). The $4.03-an-hour rate recorded in January 1973 had the same purchasing power that $23.68 would today. But using your logic, 2022 is way awesomer than 1973 because reasons.

As for IJ, you can’t have it both ways. You’ve read something that you can’t verify is legit and made entire judgements on a film that’s not even finished. It’s absurd.

But I’m done. Enjoy.
        I’m not having it both ways. I’m having it one way. I read the script. It sucks. My opinion is not based on rumors, innuendo, or inference. I didn’t say the film sucks. I said the script sucks, and if it isn’t changed, the film is going to suck.

You’re just offended that I disagreed with you and pointed out the flaws in your argument. It wasn’t personal, and it wasn’t an attack. It’s my opinion, based solely on facts.
        Last edited by Liu Bei; Jan 27, '22, 2:00 PM.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by zeedox
          Couldn't they just make "Archaeologist Adventurer" or something and leave off the hat and whip?
          Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          Why not make "jungle adventurer" and keep the hat and whip?
          Castaway did a swell Indiana Jones kit a few years ago with a hat, whip, gun and "Handsome Henry" head which was a repaint of their Captain Action head. It actually worked quite well.

Not my pic and this is a bit different than their kit it's been added to, but you get the general idea.

No way Mego goes that route though. While they've done unlicensed stuff, they're not going to risk lawsuits by clearly aping a known character like Indy. Unlike the monsters, there's not a public domain version they can cheap out on. If they do Indy, they'll license it.

There is going to be a ton of product for this new movie and as I mentioned, it's very likely to do very good so I wouldn't be shocked if Mego gave it a go if they can get the rights. Perhaps even in collaboration with Hasbro again if the Joes turn out successful (which is yet to be determined).

Comment

• zeedox
            Career Member
            • Aug 10, 2007

I don't get it tho, there's a Hasbro Mego thing going on for a bad Snake Eyes movie but they wouldn't make an Indy?
            Indy seems like the perfect character for that deal have him come along with Mola Ram or something.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

I don't get it tho, there's a Hasbro Mego thing going on for a bad Snake Eyes movie but they wouldn't make an Indy?
              There's nothing or no one saying they won't. It's certainly possible.

But it is a bit different than GI Joe, since Hasbro owns that outright. If Hasbro and Mego collaborate on an Indiana Jones figure, it would be splitting the profits 3 ways.

Comment

• zeedox
                Career Member
                • Aug 10, 2007

Do the Ghostbusters Megos add anything new to getting Indy?
                Last edited by zeedox; Feb 5, '22, 5:41 PM.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

I don’t think so. Ghostbusters isn’t affiliated with Lucasfilm or Disney.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Yes in a way. It shows Hasbro is willing to split the profits three ways. As I mentioned above, if all parties are agreeable to a smaller piece of the pie the opportunity certainly is more viable. Whether Hasbro or Mego or Lucas are interested remains to be seen. I’d venture a guess that if the GBs are successful perhaps all involved will be looking at new ideas for Megos. IJ could be one.

So while this is an important step closer it isn’t an actual step. One would imagine if they do partner Mego would be much more interested in the bigger prize… Star Wars.

Comment

• zeedox
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 10, 2007

Indy has a bit of an advantage in that the license has never had much of a major hit. Plus, you really don't need anyone else aside from Dr. Jones. Not like they gonna make Nazis.

Comment

• Mejo
                        Museum Patron
                        • Jun 30, 2022

I'd buy an Indy Mego figure if it looked good and wasn't too pricey, Sallah too, but Disney probably won't license it out. Still, you never know!

Comment

• Mejo
                          Museum Patron
                          • Jun 30, 2022

Indy has a bit of an advantage in that the license has never had much of a major hit. Plus, you really don't need anyone else aside from Dr. Jones. Not like they gonna make Nazis.
                          They gotta do this guy, though!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎