X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Indiana Jones Mego?

What would it take for an Indiana Jones Hasbro/Mego? There aren't even Indy toys currently being made and I bet many would want one.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

It'd be nice, but not holding my breath for it
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

I think the new movie will come out in 2023 it's delayed as ford is hurt. I don't know about 1:9th scale but i bet we see Indy toys again by then. I would love to see Hasbro due a legends type line)

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by powersthatbe
        I think the new movie will come out in 2023 it's delayed as ford is hurt. I don't know about 1:9th scale but i bet we see Indy toys again by then. I would love to see Hasbro due a legends type line)
        Unless they do some serious reshoots, Indiana Jones V will do for Indy what the Star Wars sequel trilogy did for Star Wars.

The last draft of the script I saw was beyond bad.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
          • Jul 20, 2020

Vin's Universe made an Indy headsculpt that you can get from him on Ebay and paint. Just get the rest from CTTV and you should be set.

Last edited by imlaughing2death; Jan 25, '22, 3:26 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by imlaughing2death
            Vin's Universe made an Indy headsculpt that you can get from him on Ebay and paint. Just get the rest from CTTV and you should be set.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/nR8AA...ja/s-l1600.png
            CTVT does not have an accurate coat. All they have is brown Fonz jackets that are rotting in the FLA weather.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Liu Bei
              Unless they do some serious reshoots, Indiana Jones V will do for Indy what the Star Wars sequel trilogy did for Star Wars.

The last draft of the script I saw was beyond bad.
              I mean the last IJ movie did that already. Would be hard to do any worse. I imagine this one will actually give the franchise a buzz again after all the vitriol from that last movie.

I mean “nuke the fridge” became an expression after the last film. As much as people hated the last two Star Wars films, they actually revitalized the property overall.

Comment

• puckace
                Museum Super Collector
                • Feb 5, 2009

I can't wait to see Indy beat the crap out of some Nazis with his walker

Comment

• Liu Bei
                  Banned
                  • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                  I mean the last IJ movie did that already. Would be hard to do any worse. I imagine this one will actually give the franchise a buzz again after all the vitriol from that last movie.

I mean “nuke the fridge” became an expression after the last film. As much as people hated the last two Star Wars films, they actually revitalized the property overall.
                  This one will be orders of magnitude worse.

I don’t agree at all that the sequel trilogy revitalized Star Wars. Disney didn’t pay billions because the franchise was tired. They paid billions because it was the most valuable IP on planet earth. It isn’t now. Each Disney installment has done less box office than its predecessor. Solo even lost money, which was the first to do so.

Other than the Mandalorian, I can’t think of anything that has been able to excite the fanbase at all.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                    This one will be orders of magnitude worse.

I don’t agree at all that the sequel trilogy revitalized Star Wars. Disney didn’t pay billions because the franchise was tired. They paid billions because it was the most valuable IP on planet earth. It isn’t now. Each Disney installment has done less box office than its predecessor. Solo even lost money, which was the first to do so.

Other than the Mandalorian, I can’t think of anything that has been able to excite the fanbase at all.
                    I'm not going to argue Star Wars, and I certainly hated whatever the second was was called and haven't gotten around to the third yet but I hear it's terrible, but the highest grossing Star Wars movies are the last 4 movies including Rogue One which was generally well received. So the idea that it didn't generate huge interest in the properties is just demonstrably false.

Whether it pleased the "fans" or not is another debate entirely and I would agree Mando seems to be universally loved, which is something that the other films have not been able to accomplish.

Solo falling short could be attributed to a LOT of things but I'm not sure how big "Disney is mishandling Star Wars" is in that attribution, particularly when the subsequent Star Wars movie made a ton more money after Solo. Again, why Solo failed could be a huge separate discussion as there was a ton working against that film (which FWIW I actually think ended up decent) beyond just general franchise mismanagement.

Star Wars is still arguably the most valuable IP in the world and the only reason it arguably isn't, is because Disney made Marvel bigger. Six of one, half dozen of the other. Both became much bigger under Disney for better or worse. Star Wars is bigger now than it has been at any point in it's lifespan, so saying "It'll do for Indiana Jones what it did for Star Wars" would make it more successful, not less. The numbers don't lie.

I haven't read anything on the new Indiana Jones, I'll see it when it comes out, I try not to judge stuff on rumors and leaks which are often proven wrong. But even if everything you say is correct in terms of it's quality, the last film was universally panned and barely a success (with a final box office not much larger than Raider BEFORE calculating inflation) so I suspect they're going to try and fix some of the problems of that movie. Hard to imagine they didn't take note of what didn't work. Likewise fans love a "redemption" story and will probably settle on this one being better than the last, even if objectively it's worse, because it's the bound to be the last Ford Indy movie and people will want to say it went out on a better note because that's how people are. Ultimately we can't really say for sure of course, as the movie is not even out.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 22, 2011

Hasbro Expands Relationship With Disney's Lucasfilm, Extending Star Wars License and Adding New Deal for Indiana Jones Franchise - New Figures In 2023

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                        I'm not going to argue Star Wars, and I certainly hated whatever the second was was called and haven't gotten around to the third yet but I hear it's terrible, but the highest grossing Star Wars movies are the last 4 movies including Rogue One which was generally well received. So the idea that it didn't generate huge interest in the properties is just demonstrably false.
                        No, it’s entirely accurate. Each film has made less than the last, and the claim that the most recent sequels are the “highest grossing” is a gross misunderstanding of how economics work. Taking inflation into consideration (which should always be done when comparing revenue from today to revenue from 40+ years ago), Star Wars (the original) is the second highest gross film of all time, just behind Gone with the Wind.

The Force Awakens is 11th, and only because it was sold as a continuation to the original trilogy. ESB and ROTJ are next (13th and 17th), followed by the Phantom Menace, all which beat out any of Disney’s other offerings.

If Star Wars were at its zenith under Disney, the real numbers would bear that out. They don’t, because it isn’t. Star Wars has never been bigger than it was from 77-83, and never will be again. Certainly not under Disney.

Rogue One sits at 62nd, The Rise of Skywalker sits 88th, and Solo sits at 534th all-time as far as box office records go, behind such illustrious hits as The Hangover Part II, Jurassic Park III, and Rocky IV.

Solo tanked so badly that Disney went from talking about a movie a year to no movies, ever, for the foreseeable future.

I don’t mean to sound harsh, but the claim that Star Wars is the best it’s ever been is laughable and in no way indicative of reality. They’re still trying to sell Last Jedi figures in Five Below and Big Lots, which is perhaps one of the reasons why they did very few (almost no) Rise of Skywalker figures.

As for my comments on the next Indy movie, they aren’t based on rumor or innuendo, but on the last script. Granted, a whole lot can change between now and then, and it better. But if it comes out sans heavy revision, it’ll be worse than Ghostbusters 2016 as far as fan vitriol is concerned, and probably just as embarrassing at the box office. It’ll be so bad it’ll do for KOTCS what Disney Star Wars did for the Star Wars prequels, i.e. fans will esteem it more simply by virtue that it was better than anything Disney did.
                        Last edited by Liu Bei; Jan 26, '22, 3:45 PM.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                          Banned
                          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                          That won’t preclude Mego doing anything, as the figures are in different scales, but I’m glad Hasbro is going back to Indy. I just hope they do a better job than they did the last go around. One of the most disappointing runs I’ve ever experience. Their prototypes looked amazing, but that unfortunately did not translate into the final product.

Comment

• zeedox
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 10, 2007

Couldn't they just make "Archaeologist Adventurer" or something and leave off the hat and whip?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by zeedox
                              Couldn't they just make "Archaeologist Adventurer" or something and leave off the hat and whip?
                              Why not make "jungle adventurer" and keep the hat and whip?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎