Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Masters of the Universe Origins series 7 comparisons

Finally got some series 7 figures.

Sorceress vintage vs Origins.

muofms.JPG

Same as the previous Origins Sorceress that came with Castle Grayskull but now in classic toy/cartoon colors. I was lucky enough to get one where the painted feather details on her bodice line up perfectly. Fantastic looking figure.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Buzz-Off vintage vs Origins.

muobuzz.JPG

Subtle but welcome changes. He can actually hold his weapon instead of looping it around his claw. He now has fully sculpted antennas instead of the little nubs of the vintage figure. The cap has been redesigned to accommodate this. The antenna now goes through the cap which holds it on very securely. The new cap also doesn't have antennas sculpted on it. It's smooth on top. They kept his smile which was a nice touch. The vintage figure could have been kind of scary, on the creepy bug like monster body, if it wasn't for the very friendly looking head sculpt. A terrific update of an already great figure.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 24, '22, 7:17 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Tracked down some of the female figures with updated knees as well. These were a real pain to hunt down.

muoknees.JPG

Comment

• KingKickass1983
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2019

They both look cool. I'm being selective about who I pick up from this line but Buzz-off is a definite must have.

Sorceress is a big maybe.
        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I'm so happy I found the Sorceress. Buzz-Off looks great. I really loved that figure as a kid. I have heard he was over-packed and became a shelf-warmer in the original line, but I didn't know that then, and didn't care. I just thought he was cool.
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Stridor vintage vs Origins.

muostridor.JPG

Unlike the rest of the vehicles and mounts, so far, Origins Stridor is the same size as the vintage one.

The first noticeable change is the usual brighter colors Origins use. Which is honestly an improvement. They also painted his eyes and added paint details on his legs. The silver paint is very sparkly looking. Wooo sparkles! The other major change is the articulation. The vintage Stridor was pretty much a brick. You could only rotate his cannons and tail. The Origins Stridor adds ratcheting back legs at the hips, jointed front legs, jointed knees and ankles. He is also triple jointed at the neck. The last change is the spring-loaded opening mouth to hold his new reins. His accessories are the reins, 3 blast effects, additional MOTUC style helmet and a Grayskull base. I've always liked Stridor and the Origins version is really amped up to perfection.
            Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 24, '22, 7:30 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Buzz-Off was always a fav of mine as well.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, Stridor looks and sounds great. I was always frustrated by his lack of articulation. Battle Cat I knew was never going to have articulation, but Stridor looked like he should. I still have my orginal, but I believe that one of his legs is broken. I may need to get this one.
                sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  Tracked down some of the female figures with updated knees as well. These were a real pain to hunt down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32455[/ATTACH]
                  It's murder. But I have both Evil-Lyns, hunting for more.

The upgrades to Stridor sound fantastic. I hope Matty does Night Stalker, too.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    Wow, Stridor looks and sounds great.
                    The new Stridor hits all the nostalgia marks in looks and feel while still being a massive upgrade. It's Stridor just as you remembered him and how you wished he was. Mattel really knocked it out of the park.

muostridor2.JPG

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      I hope Matty does Night Stalker, too.
                      I would be shocked if we don't get Night Stalker. Mattel is not going to want that terrific mold to go to waste.
                      Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 24, '22, 7:31 PM.

Comment

• Jase
                        Museum Patron
                        • Sep 22, 2021

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32455[/ATTACH]
                        The new knees are such an improvement! I only need to replace She-Ra…I’ve already found the others.

Comment

• Jase
                          Museum Patron
                          • Sep 22, 2021

I would be shocked if we don't get Night Stalker. Mattel is not going to want that terrific mold to go to waste.
                          They have to….right?! I hope so! I always really enjoy your comparisons Werewolf! Much appreciated.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Jase
                            I always really enjoy your comparisons Werewolf! Much appreciated.
                            Thank you. I'm always happy people find them useful.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Jitsu vintage vs origins.

muojitsu.JPG

My vintage Jitsu has sadly currently lost/misplaced his sword. The new sword lacks the guard on the hilt and is molded in a semi-translucent plastic.

The Origins figure is very close to the vintage one. The Origins figure does have a bit larger gauntlet hand. It is chromed looking. The rest of the gold paint on him, like Stridor, is very glittery.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎